Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
Registered Users
Question Natural mosquito/insect repellant?

I haven't posted under "Healthy Living" before, but this seems like the right spot for this question!

I'm apparently the ULTIMATE MOSQUITO MAGNET, and I'm getting sick of it. I'm the person that will be out with a group of people and get 15 mosquito bites when no one else has any. Just today, I went out at 11:00 AM in the bright, sunny 80-degree backyard to set out a few dipes, glanced down, and there's a mosquito on my thigh! I was only out there for 2 minutes, tops!

Since no one else seems to have problems with bugs in my yard, and since I have problems WHEREVER I go, I think it's just me.

In the past I tried taking vitamin B-whatever (I don't remember which one that's recommended ) and it made no difference. Right now if I'm going to be out for any length of time, I only spray my legs & back - areas I don't have to worry about DS touching if I need to pick him up before I can get washed off.

Are there any natural repellants I can buy or make, that would be safe around my 4 mo. old? If you recommend anything (like any oils or whatever), please also list where I can buy it, since I don't have a clue! TIA!!

SAHMommy to DS born 5/1/06
mom2fussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Natural mosquito/insect repellant?

You can try apple cider vinegar on a paper towel or skin so sofe by avon they work on me and the kids..vinegar might stink but you will be with out bites.
Soon to be married to my sweetie Ryan
SAHM to Makiah 3/25/06

Baby #2 Due in October...
sweetmakiah is offline   Reply With Quote