Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
oscarandbabys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how many breast pads to should i get?

Hi, im not sure if this belongs here................. but since everyone bf's i thought i should ask

I bought 2 pairs of bamboo breast pads for the upcoming arrival. With my last dd i used disposable pads. So i have no clue on how many i will need using cloth Hoe many do you think i will need? 4 pairs? 6! or even more?????

TIA

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
fuzzycakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how many breast pads to should i get?

I've been wondering this too. LANA wool pads say all you need is 2 pair...

where did you get your bamboo? I haven't decided what/how many to get yet...
fuzzycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use flannel pads and I have 4 pairs. It's more than I need, but nice to have some extra pairs kicking around just in case. I could definitely get by with two pairs. I just launder my pads with my dipes, and I'm a daily washer so basically the pads get washed everyday. I found a fantastic WAHM that makes great pads though at a great price, so I bought more

Actually, I highly recommend checking out Megaroos Designs if you need more pads. She takes custom orders and they're great!

ETA: I only need 2 pairs now, over 4 months post partum, because my leaking is pretty light now. In the early days when I was leaking a lot more I probably would have gone through two pairs of pads in one day (I didn't start using my flannel pads until about 3 months pp), thus needing more pairs. I'm a heavy leaker though, and I know not all moms need pads as badly as I do. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes

Last edited by aranel7; 04-12-2008 at 08:28 PM.
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
oscarandbabys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzycakes View Post

I've been wondering this too. LANA wool pads say all you need is 2 pair...

where did you get your bamboo? I haven't decided what/how many to get yet...
only two huh???

i got mine at naturekins on hyenacart.com but i was looking into megaroos too she has some great prices. I think i might order two more pairs just to be safe i have a feeling i might not wash as much i need too. Washing the diapers will probably take precedence over the pads
AND if i do leak more than i did with Izzy i could always double up.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
oscarandbabys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
I use flannel pads and I have 4 pairs. It's more than I need, but nice to have some extra pairs kicking around just in case. I could definitely get by with two pairs. I just launder my pads with my dipes, and I'm a daily washer so basically the pads get washed everyday. I found a fantastic WAHM that makes great pads though at a great price, so I bought more

Actually, I highly recommend checking out Megaroos Designs if you need more pads. She takes custom orders and they're great!

ETA: I only need 2 pairs now, over 4 months post partum, because my leaking is pretty light now. In the early days when I was leaking a lot more I probably would have gone through two pairs of pads in one day (I didn't start using my flannel pads until about 3 months pp), thus needing more pairs. I'm a heavy leaker though, and I know not all moms need pads as badly as I do. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
you wash them with the diapers i thought i read to wash them with delicates? maybe that was something else
Old 04-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
fuzzycakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarandbabys View Post
only two huh???

i got mine at naturekins on hyenacart.com but i was looking into megaroos too she has some great prices. I think i might order two more pairs just to be safe i have a feeling i might not wash as much i need too. Washing the diapers will probably take precedence over the pads
AND if i do leak more than i did with Izzy i could always double up.
I think the "only 2 pair" was specific to the wool pads because they're so absorbant, air dry, and you rarely need to wash them. I'm pretty lazy about laundry too. I was just counting ds pjs, and he has 9 pair for winter, and sometimes we run out of clean ones
fuzzycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey mamas-- thanks for posting my name out there!!! i usually recommend 6-8 pair especially if you are just starting out. You want to be able to change your pads if they get wet so you don't breed infections. And it is nice to not have to wash every day!! I have lots of options for fabrics and backings. You can check out the link to my store in my siggy if you want more info.

ps---you can wash your pads with whatever you want...delicates, whites, colors, diapers. THat is the beauty of washable pads--they can go in with anything!!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
sup3rmom2logan
Registered Users
seller

I only use 2 pair a day if that, but I am 4 mths post baby. In the beginning you need about 4-6 a day. Or do the wool and youll need less. I hated the gerber ones in the begginning but now I love them. There are 3 pairs in the pack I think, which is more than enough since I dont even wear them at home. I only wear them on the go for security.