Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why was my reply deleted in a thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbellishments View Post
Either way, I'm okay with it...but I want to be certain of the rules. I was told that I could reply but not with my stocking date or something...IDK...I'm just confused about what WAHMs are aloud to say in response to a question about their stores....
I'm confused too, sometimes. One way that I know of to be super-safe in this is to put the answer in a PM. I think that one of the reasons answers like you had given COULD be considered spam is if they start to overrun a thread... like the recipient comes in and raves about a GoogleZazz Product, and the GoogleZazz WAHM comes in and says thanks, then all the rest of the posts are people asking GoogleZazz questions about when will she have this size and does she have that color and how much is this item and how often does she stock and does she take RME and where's the link to her store and can she make a boyish style, and then GoogleZazz answers all of them publicly in the thread. Nothing "technically" wrong there, but maybe someone who's a little but who had bought a GoogleZazz product in the past comes along this thread, sees that it has a couple dozen replies, and gets excited b/c she likes her GoogleZazz product and wants to see how other people are liking theirs, and share her experiences w/ them too. Instead, she finds just one rave-y post and then a bunch of talk about the GoogleZazz store and she gets sad and annoyed at all the "almost" spam.

Does that make any sense at all or was it just kind of rambly?

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanner03 View Post
It was my thread she posted to. I ASKED her about a larger size, she replied that she was in the process of making it. Not spam, IMO. I pme'd the mod, and she'd posted that it was spam, then removed her own post. I think the posts should have been put back (she deleted one of my posts, too)

ETA: the mod pm'ed me back, and said she wasn't sure (hence the deleting of her own post), and would check with admin.
The best thing to have done, is to have pm'd Kim directly since you knew her screen name and could have gotten your question answered. And then she could have replied however she wanted to, to your inquiry without having "questionable" spam posts. Its the same thing that should be done in the craft chat show and tell. You can ask the mama's questions, but if you are interested in purchasing info, then you should pm them.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #13
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamabear View Post
The best thing to have done, is to have pm'd Kim directly since you knew her screen name and could have gotten your question answered. And then she could have replied however she wanted to, to your inquiry without having "questionable" spam posts. Its the same thing that should be done in the craft chat show and tell. You can ask the mama's questions, but if you are interested in purchasing info, then you should pm them.
Yep, I liked something and the WAHM directed me to her blog or said to pm her... that way it wasn't a big discussion about what she could do for me. Honestly who wants to read 15 posts between you and someone working out a transaction? I sure don't!!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #14
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Are you still allowed to ask for Spam? I thought if the person asked it was okay???
Old 04-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #15
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
Are you still allowed to ask for Spam? I thought if the person asked it was okay???
And not that it matters, but I wouldn't have thought replying to someone's direct question is spam in any way. And also, perhaps someone else reading the thread would be glad to read when the WAHM is stocking (since they aren't allowed to put it in their siggy anymore). I know that I don't hang out in Diaper Chatter too much and I don't trawl HC everyday, so I *like* it when I see when someone is stocking - makes it easier for me.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #16
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I'm confused too, sometimes. One way that I know of to be super-safe in this is to put the answer in a PM. I think that one of the reasons answers like you had given COULD be considered spam is if they start to overrun a thread... like the recipient comes in and raves about a GoogleZazz Product, and the GoogleZazz WAHM comes in and says thanks, then all the rest of the posts are people asking GoogleZazz questions about when will she have this size and does she have that color and how much is this item and how often does she stock and does she take RME and where's the link to her store and can she make a boyish style, and then GoogleZazz answers all of them publicly in the thread. Nothing "technically" wrong there, but maybe someone who's a little but who had bought a GoogleZazz product in the past comes along this thread, sees that it has a couple dozen replies, and gets excited b/c she likes her GoogleZazz product and wants to see how other people are liking theirs, and share her experiences w/ them too. Instead, she finds just one rave-y post and then a bunch of talk about the GoogleZazz store and she gets sad and annoyed at all the "almost" spam.

so if im understanding this, and it is quite possible im not, but it *sounds* like a WAHM could be accused of spam depending on what questions other members ask in a thread not even started by the WAHM?
Old 04-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #17
cadensmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezoo View Post
And not that it matters, but I wouldn't have thought replying to someone's direct question is spam in any way. And also, perhaps someone else reading the thread would be glad to read when the WAHM is stocking (since they aren't allowed to put it in their siggy anymore). I know that I don't hang out in Diaper Chatter too much and I don't trawl HC everyday, so I *like* it when I see when someone is stocking - makes it easier for me.

where does it say that "says the WAHM with her stocking info in her siggy"?

i just reread the rules and this is all i could find:

Quote:
9. Unsolicited purchasing opportunities in thread responses. It is acceptable to link to your store or business in your sig. You just can't "promote" it outside of that.

Evrim and Ellowyn -- Just Released!

iKnit, iSpin, iDye all at ... Comfort Wool Blog and
Old 04-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #18
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[quote=mhaddon;3309431]Yep, I liked something and the WAHM directed me to her blog or said to pm her... that way it wasn't a big discussion about what she could do for me. Honestly who wants to read 15 posts between you and someone working out a transaction? I sure don't!![/quote]

You don't have to. Nobody has to open any thread and read all 15 posts about it. If you are interested in the same issue the original poster is then it could be a very helpful post to many. It was a simple question, with a simple reply. I don't see how that is spam at all.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #19
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

I don't understand this analogy. It would still be okay to rave about her GoogleZazz product. It would be very helpful to the others who are asking questions. They are getting a rave reply about a product they are wanting to purchase. The answers may also benefit her in the future. It would be good to know if the GoogleZazz store would ever be stocking boyish items, in case she was interested in that in the future.

If I had a GoogleZazz product and I saw all these mommas asking questions about it and curious about it. I would love to share my hands on experience with the product. I am excited about my product and think everyone should have one. I would also love the feedback from the WAHM about any future makings, stockings, etc in the future, for possible future buys.

Last edited by ~Heather~; 04-13-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #20
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Heather~ View Post
You don't have to. Nobody has to open any thread and read all 15 posts about it. If you are interested in the same issue the original poster is then it could be a very helpful post to many. It was a simple question, with a simple reply. I don't see how that is spam at all.
That's what PMs are for
Closed Thread