Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #31
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why was my reply deleted in a thread?

Ok - you're obviously not reading my posts so I'll stop beating this dead horse. Good day!

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #32
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am reading. PM meaning Private Message is just that private. If this was in Private message how would that help the public who was also raving on this product and wishing for a different size. This post that was posted wasn't about I want to buy this from you, make me one and I'll PP your money. It was a rave about a product and a wishing for a certain size.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #33
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How is this any different than a Goodmama rave(for example) about a certain fabric style and Post...."oooo I love this fabric, too bad it wasn't in a newborn" You are sharing a favorite fabric style with everyone else and wishing for a size you need. (just chatter and sharing your thoughts with others) Then the Goodmama maker comes on and says "I will be making newborns in that size soon" So this is very helpful to everyone else who also saw this fabric and was goo goo over it and wishing it came in newborn sizes. She did not say send me money and I will make it for you, or I'm stocking on such and such date make sure you are there. She only mentions she is going to be making the product in the size I desired.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #34
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Um, I never said she was doing this I was just trying to help out the mod that was making a point that anything that even resembles spam has to be deleted or else someone else will think they are being picked on. So it looked like it MAY have been going in that direction so it was taken care of before it possibly went in that direction. I also don't think I should have to spend time skiping through such posts, that is why pms were set up
Old 04-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #35
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Heather~ View Post
I am reading. PM meaning Private Message is just that private. If this was in Private message how would that help the public who was also raving on this product and wishing for a different size. This post that was posted wasn't about I want to buy this from you, make me one and I'll PP your money. It was a rave about a product and a wishing for a certain size.
I think she was saying that in THIS case, she agrees with you (she posted that in reply to me) but rule clarification is needed.
Sometimes, however (not in THIS case) it goes too far in depth toward the transaction details. HTH!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #36
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Deanner. I just want to point out how private messaging a comment like you had would not help the general public. It wasn't a transaction deal, it was a rave more or less. If it was just transaction details then yes I too agree it should be taken to PM's. However, it never went that way and not intended for it to and don't think any of the posts in that thread are spam.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #37
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
Um, I never said she was doing this I was just trying to help out the mod that was making a point that anything that even resembles spam has to be deleted or else someone else will think they are being picked on. So it looked like it MAY have been going in that direction so it was taken care of before it possibly went in that direction. I also don't think I should have to spend time skiping through such posts, that is why pms were set up
Again I ask, So you read all posts and threads on DS all day. Or do you choose which one's to read and post to. This is the same scenario. If you open a thread and decide ooo this isn't what I thought it was, close and open another. Or just look at the title, linger over it and you get the jist of the OP. Who says you have to stick it out and read the whole thing, or open it for that matter. And who does it hurt? You(general, not specific), wasting two seconds on a thread.

Last edited by ~Heather~; 04-13-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #38
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Heather~ View Post
Again I ask, So you read all posts and threads on DS all day. Or do you choose which one's to read and post to. This is the same scenario. If you open a thread and decide ooo this isn't what I thought it was, close and open another. Who says you have to stick it out and read the whole thing. And who does it hurt? You(general, not specific), wasting two seconds on a thread.
Yes I read every single post every thread everyday No of course I don't.

So you're ok w/ transactions occuring in regular threads? Who needs pms then...
Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #39
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, since we're heading in a different direction with this discussion now, I have a couple things to add.

I come to DS to talk about diapers and other things in life too. But here on DS I can find other people who are interested in cloth diapers. I don't think that wahms should feel like they can't talk about the stuff they make with other DS members on general threads. I know that sometimes there is a fine line between spam & just regular chat and that it's easier to just draw a clear line instead of trying to determine whether things are spam on a case by case basis. But I don't think we should have super strict rules about "spam" that end up restricting wahms from discussing their products with others on the regular threads instead of just in pms.

Diapers are interesting. Well, at least to us (the general DS population), and I don't want to feel like we have to walk on egg shells and feel like we're doing something wrong by just talking about diapers with a wahm on a public thread. I mean, isn't that what we all come here for?

And I really hope there's nothing wrong with people doing raves and posting love for their favorite wahms. I have my favorites and I give them a shout out every chance I get. I don't think of this as spam, I think of it as sharing information about great diapers with other DS mamas. Again, this is a big part of what I come to DS for and it keeps me coming back to DS.

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #40
~Heather~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, I agree transaction posts like the one mentioned before is a PM only type of post. However, the one that is in discussion by the OP, I don't see why the need for a PM. It was just a rave post. She was not offering to buy it. Do you see the difference in the threads?

B: May I have XYZ?
S: Which size?
B: Medium please
S: Great! my pp addy is whatever@gmail.com
B: ok! PP sent!
S: Fantastic!! I'll have it out tomorrow! Thanks!
B: No! Thank YOU!

Transaction post, in PM's only.

A: Ooo I love that set you are going to be stocking, if I wasn't on the wagon and it was a 12 months
B. I am going to be making some 12 months too.
C. Ooo I love that and can't wait, I need a 12 month too. I'm stalking that stocking.

Helpful post to anyone else who was wanting a 12 month from the WAHM in her stocking. No transaction, only information.
Closed Thread