Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:40 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Second baby?

My advice is don't overthink it. Go with your gut. For us, there was never going to be a "perfect time" and we knew we wanted them fairly close, so we just took the plunge when it seemed right. At any point, it's going to be "jump of faith".

Taking away from the older child is something I was thinking about too, but it all worked itself out. I tandem nursed and am so glad I did. It was wonderful for Alex and I to not only continue that relationship, but to add Anna to it. I'm positive that the reason that Alex transitioned so well to the addition of Anna was b/c we tandem nursed. I cherish those moments that we all sat together on the couch, a child at each breast.*sigh*

Went off the pill when ds was 9 months old. Now that dd is 9 months old and I have a toddler too, I can't imagine going off the pill right now!! It actual put me into fits of laughter the other day! We have to wait at least until next summer to ttc for medical reasons, and we'll be VERY ready by then.

Best wishes!!

Canadian SAHM to Alexander, Annalise and baby Anderson
davechan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:35 PM   #12
No Longer Here
My Mood:
Re: Second baby?

i wanted all my kids 2 years apart, now that i have my 2 and they are 26 months apart, so right on the planned timeframse, it is hard at times, but then most of the time its perfect because my ds helps so much and loves dd sooo much!
they share there stuff and are very close. with her being sick we ddnt start ttc when she turned 18 months like i planned, we are 2 months almost off that track but chose to wait since we are in and out of the hospital so much, but now the baby bug has bitten me and i'm ready for another. so if we end up getting pregnant anytime soon, we'll have them all 2 years apart, i'm not sure when the actively ttc will start, but we are not really trying but not doing any preventing neither. it took years to conceive my son and then was only a flash to get pregnant with my daughter, i don't know how the next one will come out as in the timeframe of becoming pregnant.
imo, if your feeling not to add just because you think the first one will lose out, honestly they wont, they'll receive more love because i beleive each child you add to thefmaily only brings a closer bonds and more love to go around. goodluck in whatever you decide mama
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote