Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #11
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
My Mood:
Re: someone please talk to me about vaxing! thinking about delayed but lots of ?'s

Originally Posted by sesa70 View Post
I totally agree with you! That is why I am asking questions, i want to make the right decisions. Celeste did not get her mmr. She got one dose, and reacted so crazy to it I swore no more. I got harrassed for years from her school and pediatrician but finally got a note from her dr. They would not take a religious exemption.

My only issue though is that if Amira did get mm or r or chick pox, it would NOT be life threatening to her, but it very well may be to Celeste. SO of course I worry. She is also in hospitals with us when Celeste is sick, so who knows what she may pick up, kwim? If it was just AMira, she would not get any vax's at all.

So, another question. What is prevnar, why is it given so many times, and what are your thoughts on it?
Prevnar is for ear infections, upper respitory infections and meningitis. I told our last ped i did NOT want this vaccine for Landan. None of my others even have it because it is new. Well, the blasted nurse gave it to him anyway and was not even going to tell me. I trust NO drs at all. I hate em. Now we go only when they are really sick, like this spring when they had the whooping cough....which they WERE vax'd for!!! Ahhh!! I was very mad about thta vax, and then he started getting ear infections ever other week, so I finished the series because i think that caused them being unfinished...i am not sure. but if i could go back i would have done something more about it....

~Lauri~ Mama of 8 blessings~ wife to Grady~

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: someone please talk to me about vaxing! thinking about delayed but lots of ?'s

I'm a non vaxer, ds was vaxed up until he was 6mths though. There is a good selective and delayed vax forum on s boards...the women there are much more educated than me, and would have some good advice and info for you.

If you want to delay and not get some of the vaxes at all, it is tottaly up to you, and you are well within your right. Yeah, i know what MrsBreeder was saying, but the vaxes dont work in childhood or adulthood, and they can cause reactions. Not many of the diseases we vaccinate for ate life threatening unless you have a prior medical condition. Most of us adults had chicken pox, measles, and mumps and we are all alive with no ill effects.

I advise you to read "How to raise a healthy child in spite of your doctor" by Dr. Mendelshon, and research every disease on the CDC site, and the frequency of each disease every year. The numbers are underreported because alot of kids who get things arn't diagnosed as that disease if they are vaccinated for it. Also reports the reactions and deaths caused my vaccinations, they estimate that is only 10% of actual yearly cases.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I don't have time to read through all the responses, so I am sorry if this has been mentioned, but have you read the book,
What your Doctor may not tell you about Children's Vaccinations ?
It is by far the most informative book out there on this topic.
Good luck~!
Brandy, Mom to Natalya 7.12.05, Zachary, 11.6.08 and ~Margaret Elizabeth~, our angel 7.2.07 at 31 weeks
ISO Imse Vimse medium covers, ESP old-style day and night covers and Thirsties medium covers
Mom2Natalya is offline   Reply With Quote