Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Great doctor's visit today!!!

Every time we see DD's pediatrician, I think I love him even more. We switched to him in the spring because a lot of the AP moms in the area highly recommended him now I know why.

Today was DD's 15 month appointment and she was supposed to have 2 vaccinations (including MMR). Neither the nurse nor the doctor gave us any trouble at all when I told them we're no longer vaxxing. I had brought in a copy of the Religious Exemption we filled out for daycare (which I still need to submit to them...) but to be honest, I don't think he would have even needed it. He didn't ask for an explanation, though I gave one. Then he said there is only 1 vaccine he feels strongly about children getting (I forgot which ) and she's already had that one. Everything else is optional, IHHO.

Advertisement

Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: Great doctor's visit today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severine View Post
Every time we see DD's pediatrician, I think I love him even more. We switched to him in the spring because a lot of the AP moms in the area highly recommended him now I know why.

Today was DD's 15 month appointment and she was supposed to have 2 vaccinations (including MMR). Neither the nurse nor the doctor gave us any trouble at all when I told them we're no longer vaxxing. I had brought in a copy of the Religious Exemption we filled out for daycare (which I still need to submit to them...) but to be honest, I don't think he would have even needed it. He didn't ask for an explanation, though I gave one. Then he said there is only 1 vaccine he feels strongly about children getting (I forgot which ) and she's already had that one. Everything else is optional, IHHO.
Cool, could you ask him which vax that is and why?? I dont want to vax but am afraid not too...and afraid to at the same time...We have no good AP drs or any drs at all for that matter around here...so unless we are really sick, we just don't go.

Thanks mama!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:00 PM   #3
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

That is great. A great ped is always good. We love our ped (we see 2 different docs and we love them both).
Old 10-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #4
jadedhkr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Cool, could you ask him which vax that is and why??

I'd love to hear that too.
Venus Vanguard
jadedhkr is offline   Reply With Quote