Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Question 6 week PP check up

:sob: my babies are 6 weeks and my son turns 2 all on the same day - jeez this is hard, lol.
Anyone have any good ideas on Qs to ask. I know a lot of it depends on what happened to you. I have issues with where my epi was put in, I need surgery on my butt, etc. lol - those you wouldn't think of.
BUT I was told every time you give birth to ask if there are any concerns or things to think about for future pregnancies. His answer last time was no, and I'm sure it will be again - but you never know.
So - I want to make sure I get all the questions out while my insurance is paying for it, LOL. I am asking about birth control, too - or making sure our choice is a good one.
The appointment is the 2nd at 10:45am central, so try to get to me before that, LOL. I'll kick myself if I get home and one of you had a great one AFTER I went.

Advertisement

Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: 6 week PP check up

when deciding your BC, ask about the side effects and if there are known cases of it affecting your BM supply.
ask about anything that still hurts, and ask about the pelvic theyll be performing, if you have stitches, ask if they can look inside at a later time when your all healed up.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
Kimmomy2dom
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Thanks Sally.
I started thinking maybe I should ask him about my working out again and if he wanted me to wait in case it effected my supply. But maybe that's a question for my kids' doc?
Old 10-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #4
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I asked that question w/my doc. For me they gave me the ok at 8 weeks pp because of anemia. Tell them to be gentle w/you so that you don't rip again (don't just asume that they will be) If you make it known you want them to be extra cautious then the examp may be more comfortable for you. Just a suggestion.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:52 AM   #5
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I am going today as well, 1pm (EST). I have no idea what to ask aside from having my levels re checked (I have a thyroid condition and low iron) and about working out. While I am only 5 lbs away from prepregnancy weight I want to know when my stomach will go back down, I feel like 3 months pregnant still. I know you are supposed to ask about birth control then if you are interested ~ not me!! Hmmm....oh, they'll ask you about your feelings and PPD symptoms, I remember that.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 AM   #6
Kimmomy2dom
seller

My Mood:

My doc has never asked me about PPD symptoms, but I think my kids' doc is watching me close since I guess moms of multiples are more prone? I don't know, LOL.
I know, that's all I could think of, too. Seems like there should be more. I'm having discomfort under my armpit (not mastitis, but I can worry) so I think I'll ask about that.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #7
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

good luck with your appt today.

about the only thing that i remember coming up at mine was they checked my thyroid and thought it was enlarged, so sent me for labs.

i suppose the other question people ask about is sex.

oh yeah, i also had some trouble with hemorrhoids (sp?) so had some questions about that.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
Kimmomy2dom
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone! I'm scheduled with a general surgeon on Thurs. the 10th to talk about fixing my butt. How embarassing. The only surgery I've ever had to have, and it's on my booty. lleyes2:
Other than that, we got the birth control squared away, etc. and found out if they're identical or not. I'm going to post a thread later in off topic area to see if you can guess.