Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #11
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Toddler nursing

As long as the bm is packaged correctly I believe they will let you take it with you. It has to be clearly marked and declared as "life-saving medicine".

Advertisement

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
bethaniemiller
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know, my little guy had a bit of a nursing hiatus also, and I thought that he was ready to wean himself- until he turned 12 months, and he is exhibiting the same behaviors as your little guy. He signs "milk", and if I ask him to wait or tell him "not now", he will come over and pinch and smack, pull up my shirt, point to my boobs (just to make sure he is making himself clear ).
I agree with some of the other posts to take your pump...and who knows, by the time you get back from your vacation, your babe may have decreased interest in bfing anyways - just from not having had you around for that week.
bethaniemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 25 months and he still nurses 1-3x day. I was on domperidone until a couple of months ago. I stopped taking it when he was around your son's age, but then I decided to go back on it because of his medical issues. I suspected that when I stopped the dom, he would lose interest in nursing but he hasn't.

Now that his is a little older, he accepts it when I tell him that we can't nurse right now, or if I distract him with a cup or something to eat (like if I am running late in the morning.)

I know that I don't have much milk. I was separated from him overnight twice recently and I didn't experience any problems.

I agree with PP, I would stop the dom and take the pump with you and just pump 2-3 times a day while you are gone. Just enough to stay comfortable and keep making milk, but not enough to be a bother. Then when you get home stop pumping and just let him continue to nurse.

Here is a link to the TSA rules about traveling with breastmilk.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote