Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2006, 01:06 PM   #11
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok, WHY don't you VAX?

there is so much more but I can't type that fast right now, my dd is on my lap nursing

Advertisement

Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #12
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy View Post
First of all Vax's DO contain a small amount of Mercury that CAN build up in a small child's system. Some kids bodies cannot pass this neurotoxin and it builds up in the body and causing "shorts" in the brain connections. We had a test on Tiffany and her cause of Asperger's (autism spectrum) is from heavy metals, one being mercury. Go figure.
How old was she when this happened? Which vaccines did this follow? I'm just curious, because we do selectively vax. Also, what other heavy metals were found in the test? Are there other ones in the vaccines?

I'm sorry if these questions appear insensitve, you don't have to answer them, I'm just trying to figure out what to get at DS's 12 month appt Oct. 18th.

Right now my whole perception of vaccines in general is that when getting them I weigh the risks. I do believe there can sometimes be negative consequences to vaccines. So when I decide on whether or not to get a vaccine, I look at the risks the disease carries and I see if it outweighs the small possibility of the negative consequence. Make sense? However, I am a very open minded person and am open to suggestions and advice too.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #13
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna_L View Post
Does anyone have links or articles that they would consider recommended reading when deciding whether or not to vax? I've found it difficult to locate objective literature on the subject.

Thanks!
Thats a huge problem, the people that write these things are very biased to one side or the other. If anyone finds any though let me know!
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #14
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

My choice is not to vax and it is what is best for my dd. This is a hard decision to make and I still worry about it sometimes. My dd reacted to her 2 month shots by screaming for 2 days, and became so dehydrated that she was almost hospitalized. Even after this I let the doc talk me into trying to give just two vax at the 4 month visit and poor dd spiked a fever that got as high as 103. It was also very hard to wake her up. When I contacted her pedi about both reactions they said the reactions were within what was considered normally! This is when I really started researching vax, and the more I read the more comfortable I feel with the decision not to vax. If you look at the numbers, it is far more likely that a child will have a bad reaction to a vax then lasting complications from the illness that vax prevents. While most finished vax no longer contain thermasil (mercury) it is still used in the manufacturing of vax, so there are still small amounts of mercury in them. There are alot of things in vax that prefer not to have my dd exposed to. US studies on vax cannot be trusted IMO. There is a great amount of money involved in the business of vax. There have been studies conducted by other countries that show a link between vax and autism (and allergies, weekend immune systems, and all kinds of disorders or syndrome's). Many neurologist (including my own) believe that if vax were given at an older age, 3 or 4, the negative side effects of vax would decrease to almost nothing. I forget what it is called, but there is something that protects the brain that isn't present until around age 3. What is basically means is that any thing introduced in to a child's body before that has the potential to influence brain development. If we were going to vax, I wouldn't vax before my child was at least 3. There is plenty of helpful information for both sides on the internet that you can find. There are also bad sites that try to scare you into vaxing and sites that scare you into not vaxing. I'd post links but I lost them when my computer crashed last week.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #15
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree, it is VERY difficult to find objective literature, or to even understand what objective literature would be in this case.

I have found some help from the book "What your doctor may not tell you about children's vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave. I got it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
SHe is a ped, and she has explained all of the vaxes, their history, etc. in her book. She also has a section...difficult to find in the book but it's there...in which she gives her own recommendations.

I would highly recommend getting a copy of this book to start with.

HTH!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #16
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

If you use the search feature and search all of the old posts, you'll be able to see what people have already said about this!!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #17
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Something else that I found alarming is that there is a fund for children injured by vax. If vax are harmless why would this be needed
Old 10-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #18
Shawna_L
Banned

Quote:
I have found some help from the book "What your doctor may not tell you about children's vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave.
Thanks for the book recommendation!
Shawna_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #19
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy View Post
For us, right after. Take a normal toddler, inject them with chemicals and neurotoxins and step back. It's quite the "science experiment" the FDA placed on OUR child. I am furious about it too when they KNEW what it could cause! (we have done our share of reading up on the Autism spectrum).

Now we have a beautiful daughter who's not going to be normal for the rest of her life due to what the FDA says is "acceptable and harmless"

She was fine one day and then next, she wasn't my kid. Go figure.
So why did the vax affect Tiffany that way? Why don't they affect every child that way?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #20
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aimee, my understanding is that (someone correct me if I'm wrong) vaccines don't neccessarily CAUSE Autism but it "brings it out" so to speak in a child that has a "predisposition" for it. That isn't to say that only a vaccine could bring it about, but any other exposure to mercury. Its just that vaccines are a much more common cause of mercury exposure.

So, basically, you may never know wether it would happen to your DC or not. But who really wants to find out the hard way if their DC has a predisposition to something like Autism?? Kwim?
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote