Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #11
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Re: any one had an amnio?*UPDATE*

Sorry his lungs aren't mature yet, I know that stinks. I had an amnio at 36 weeks with my youngest to test for lung maturity and his lungs still weren't mature, I was so disappointed because I was miserable and already planning for him to be born that week and ended up having to wait 2 more weeks.

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean View Post
Sorry his lungs aren't mature yet, I know that stinks. I had an amnio at 36 weeks with my youngest to test for lung maturity and his lungs still weren't mature, I was so disappointed because I was miserable and already planning for him to be born that week and ended up having to wait 2 more weeks.
thanks, yeah it's no fun. my plans have kind of unraveled. my childcare is up on the 3rd when i'll be 36 weeks, the day after i'll have the c section. so i'm not quite sure how we'll work all of that out since i'll have atleast 4 days in the hospital after that for recovery. ahh well. such is life!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhere77 View Post
i'm going to have an amnio to test the baby's lungs this coming friday. anybody else have experience with this? i'm kinda nervous

**UPDATE**
so i had the amnio. it was nerve wracking but not painful or too big of a deal. the dr numbed up part of my belly. once they poked me for the amnio, there was pressure but no pain the test results came back negative for lung maturity, though. so i will be pregnant until 36 weeks when they'll do a scheduled c section...unless i bleed first. thanks for the input!

Mama - You have been such a trooper for so many weeks. I hope that next two weeks go smoothy for you. I bet you can't wait to see your little babe. I'm glad that the amnio felt okay (even if it didn't show maturity).

Take Care
Old 04-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
Ima_to_6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad the amnio went well, but sorry that your babe's lungs aren't ready. Best of luck in the coming 2 weeks; I hope it goes quickly for you.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #15
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks mamas yeah it stinks that his lungs weren't mature. i would have been surprised if they had been, though-34 weeks is pretty early. this way this little guy can grow for another couple weeks (unless i bleed before then). thanks for all the support!