Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #21
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok, WHY don't you VAX?

The thing mentioned by a pp is the brain/blood barrier. It is a barrier that keeps things that enter the blood stream from entering the brain. It is not fully formed in children, therefore the toxins that are put into the body by vaccines can enter into the brain.

I second the rec. for Dr Cave's book. It was the best source of information that I've found. We choose not to have DS vaxed because I do not buy into the culture of fear that is so prevalent in the US. My son is not going to die if he gets chicken pox. Or mumps. Or an ear infection. So there's no point in risking him getting vaccines for diseases that are not going to kill him. Especially when the vaccines are not 100% anyway! Our immune systems were put there for a reason. I believe that the fact that science is trying to circumvent it and do things the way they think is best speaks a lot for our society.

Advertisement

KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #22
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonite View Post
If you use the search feature and search all of the old posts, you'll be able to see what people have already said about this!!

I'm too lazy to type out why we don't again. Bottom line is: It's the right choice for my family. Nuff said.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #23
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am sure you are looking for a miriad of reasons not to vax, but to me it is a very simple thing. I don't vaccinate my children because scientists do not yet fully understand how the human immune system works and vaccines are an unproven theory. I will not let the government make guinea pigs out of my children. Have you heard of the hygene hypothesis. It is a theory that is gaining more and more acceptence in the scientific world right now. It is based on studies showing that children whose parents are overly cautious, sterilizing everything and keeping them away from all germs have more problems with asthma allergies and other autoimmune resposes than children whose parents take a more relaxed approach. I believe that allowing children to get childhood diseases helps them to be healthy and build a good strong immune system. I also believe that vaccines have not been appropriately tested and cause unknown and dangerous immune responses. Think of how many children have auto immune problems these days, ranging from Diabetes to allergies and asthma. Every child I meet practically has these problems.

My first son was vaccinated till 18 months. The whole it isn't vaccs the symptoms just show up then line is a load of crap. My child went from being a precocious talker with 500 words and using short sentences to not talking at all in less than a week after his MMR vax. He is now diagnosed with an ASD. I don't think that vaccines cause all cases of autism, but I am not willing to take the chance with my second son. Since studying I have found that I don't even believe in the premis of vaccines. The benefits far from outweigh the risks.

There are some great books out there. What your Dr. May not tell you about childhood vaccines (I believe that is by Randall Neustrader sp?) a thoughtful parents guide by Stephanie cave, and my favorite How to raise a Healthy child in spite of your Pediatrician by Mendelson.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #24
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont vax for many reasons, we did vax right until after ds's 6mth appt, that was before I found out the truth. I also never felt right during his appts, and sometimes had to cover my eyes and got paniced whenever it would happen.

I don't do it anymore because I don't feel it is right to inject an infant or any human being with formaldahyde, aluminum, anti freeze, aborted fetal cells, monkey DNA, chicken embryos, bovine serum and other scary ingredients.

Autisim isnt the only reason to fear vaxs, and murcury isnt the only bad ingrediant. Those fevers, and constant crying after vaxes, are signs of brain swelling, a serious reaction to the toxins in vaxes, but we as parents arn't told that that is why it happens, we are just led to believe they are just fuss and in pain from the site of the shot. A fever is a serious reaction, it is not normal as drs tell us, but in their eyes, since so many kids have it happen it is normal...it shouldnt be! Nor should we give tylenol before or after a vaccination, because it hinders the immune system and can acutally case a worse reaction.

I also don't vax because I no longer trust drs, the medical world, or the goverment, after learning about this stuff. I also trust in the human body being designed to work perfectly without needing toxins injected into us. I am comfortable with my decision, and If ds ever came down with something (most of which arn't scary anyway, we all probably had them as kids, as did our parents, without vaxes) I am fully confident in his body fighting it off and being better because of it, or if something terrible happened, it as all in God's plan anyway. I would rater leave it in Gods hands, than trust the medical community and have my child autisitc or permanatly damaged because of a reaction to a vax.

To find out more info, I highly suggest going over to mothering.com's vaccination board, the women there know a TON of information and are very helpful.

SAHM to my crazy toddler

Last edited by janendragon; 10-03-2006 at 06:13 PM.
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #25
ecomama7
Registered Users
seller

I don't vax for many different reasons. My number 1 reason is that, there is absolutely NOTHING natural about vaccines. I believe that Jah gave us what we need, not men in white labs suits. Number 2, well, have you ever researched the ingredients in vaccines? It's rather sickening. And seriously, if everyone needed vaccines then surely the human race could not have survived to the extent that it has.

The only reason the medical industry wants to give vaccines is because it's a money maker. They know darn well that it's nothing but toxic poison but come on, we'd be pretty blind to think that they REALLY want cures to diseases and illnesses. If there were no diseases, there would be no need for most doctors and no pharmacutical companies pushing drugs. Which would mean that a heck of alot of people would lose a HECK of alot of money. Heh. That will never happen. So it will always be take vaccines, take drugs, you need this and that, blah blah blah.

What my family does is look to nature for our answers. Not science.

Last edited by ecomama7; 10-04-2006 at 07:22 AM.
ecomama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #26
MommaBelt
waiting on response to fsot issue 4/11

ok can someone either PM me or just answer on here, I am needing help finding the saftey of just one vaccine and thats the vaccine that may reduce the risk of bacterial pneumonia.. pneomicoccial ( or something)
MommaBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #27
Tess
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy View Post
Oh, where do I start?

First of all Vax's DO contain a small amount of Mercury that CAN build up in a small child's system. Some kids bodies cannot pass this neurotoxin and it builds up in the body and causing "shorts" in the brain connections. We had a test on Tiffany and her cause of Asperger's (autism spectrum) is from heavy metals, one being mercury. Go figure.

Ok, I don't have a list right now but if you saw what they use to MAKE these vax's you may think twice about them. Also, when you research and understand that most of the diseases/illness's we are currently vax'ed for are not as bad as we may understand them to be, you may not get them either. Some aren't much worse than having the flu or the chicken pox.

Most, if not all, have natural remedies to heal or to even naturally vax against these diseases without putting foreign chemicals and heavy metals/neurotoxins into your body.

Nature has a way of taking care of itself and Human beings are no exception! We are creating a dependancy that is not the normal course of the human life and the more we depend upon artifical "protection" the weaker we become. There will come a day that these vax's will no longer be able to "protect" us as diseases/illness are also natural and find ways to survive. They will mutate and then what will we do?
I really want to be your friend.
I decided not to vaccine my new one and I have to find a new doctor because of it. I am treated like and idiot and a leper. I need support because the last time she went I almost caved. Later, my Mom raised H*** because of what they said to me.
I asked the Doc if she could just have the Tetnus shot and he said No. Does that sound right?
T
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #28
YumaDoula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't vax my kids because I disagree with the theory that injecting them with a virus will then prevent them from catching the same virus WITH WHICH THEY HAVE JUST BEEN EXPOSED.

I am married to a chemist, and we are big believers in the germ theory (or hygiene theory): germs are helpful in building healthy strong immune systems! If you are constantly protecting yourself from germs, you will find that if you get exposed to ANY germ, you will get very ill. We don't want that for our kids.

I believe my children have natural immune systems that will protect them. And, if the theory of vax's proves correct, we don't need to worry about rubella because everyone is vaxed against it, right?

My twin boys got vax'ed at 2yo, and I haven't done any since then. They are 3.5yo. My girl has never had any vax and she is 18mos.

Looking forward to a new butt to fluff in December!
YumaDoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #29
Tess
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
The thing mentioned by a pp is the brain/blood barrier. It is a barrier that keeps things that enter the blood stream from entering the brain. It is not fully formed in children, therefore the toxins that are put into the body by vaccines can enter into the brain.

I second the rec. for Dr Cave's book. It was the best source of information that I've found. We choose not to have DS vaxed because I do not buy into the culture of fear that is so prevalent in the US. My son is not going to die if he gets chicken pox. Or mumps. Or an ear infection. So there's no point in risking him getting vaccines for diseases that are not going to kill him. Especially when the vaccines are not 100% anyway! Our immune systems were put there for a reason. I believe that the fact that science is trying to circumvent it and do things the way they think is best speaks a lot for our society.
Amen!
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:05 PM   #30
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

I agree w/all the non-vaxing PP's (including the one who says she's too lazy to re-type her reasons because so am I! LOL). However, I thought I would share with you all what made my final decision when I was sitting on the fence about vaxing my then unborn daughter...

I used to be the director of the crisis pregnancy center in my town and was at work one day when one of our new mama's came in carrying TONS of clothes, a crib, carseat, etc. I was really confused because she had just recently had her baby. When I asked her why she was bringing in so many donations she told me that she had taken her little baby boy in to get his second round of shots (4 months I believe?) the week before. After the shots he went to sleep and never woke up. At the time I was 8 months pregnant with my second child and this sealed the deal on our vax'ing decision. Unfortunately my son (now 5 years old) was vax'd for 4 years but never again will I allow that to happen to him. My daughter (6 months old) has never been vax'd.

When we know better, we do better.

::Incidently, the pic in my avatar was taken while I was on a homeschooling field trip talking to a bunch of other mama's about not vax'ing! LOL::

Last edited by presleycaedmon; 10-05-2006 at 09:08 PM.
presleycaedmon is offline   Reply With Quote