Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
BlessedwithBlue
Registered Users
seller

For hb'ers and uc'ers

I came across this in an internet search, it is basically an obgyn's total bashing of homebirth. Be warned it isn't pretty! We are all in denial apparently. If this has been posted about before sorry, I haven't seen it. Also not trying to start a debate just trying to let those that she is talking against what is being said.
http://homebirthdebate.blogspot.com/

Advertisement

BlessedwithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: For hb'ers and uc'ers

I wouldn't expect an OBGYN to be all gung-ho on homebirthing or unassisted childbirth. I mean, his/her profession is to deliver babies in the hossy. That's what they do. *shrug*

FTR, I didn't click the link. I don't need my blood pressure going up, but we're all entitled to our own opinions. Some just like to blab about it on a blog. LOL
Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
goldmama22
Registered Users
seller

Don't worry, this lady has a reputation all over the net as being ridiculous, not based in reality, and I've even heard (not sure if it's true) that she's not even an OB right now.

People are going to believe what they want to believe. IMO, this lady isn't harming the homebirth community any more than Rush Limbaugh makes a democrat become a republican.

Megan
goldmama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well if people like her go to Harvard then I dont want my babies going there...
Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I didn't read it b/c I'm in my bubble of peace

But, maybe he should read "born in the US" written by an OB/GYN that was very successfull... He's just part of the brainwashed system.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Well, I guess I will go back to "pretending" all is safe, being ignorant, refusing to "tell the truth" and all in all, neglecting my baby out of stupidity.

We will continue to plan for a healthy, safe and beautiful HB for my health and the health of our newborn. That "doc" can kiss my lilly white backside!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not in my bubble that it is safe, I *know* it is safe. I've have had 6 successful HB's, the last 5 UC. Proof is in the pudding
Old 04-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #8
maryjane
Registered Users

I found a rare OB that supports homebirthing in a state where it's illegal. He doesn't support it unconditionally but he provided my care last pregnancy knowing I was planning a UC and offered to be my hospital backup but insisting I wouldn't need it. Of course then I had breech twins and preterm labor so I ended up with a c-section. He supports me having this baby at home with a VBAC. He also teaches Bradley classes himself along with his wife, refuses elective c-sections, and advocates for patient led maternity care.
maryjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #9
Tummy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have not even clicked on the link.. do not want to get all flamed up over some @$$hat sOB.

When I first learned of this pregnancy, I made an apt with the sOB I had been seeing previous for excessive bleeding... Anyway, I went in to confirm my pregnancy, while there, he and his staff questioned my previous births.

I had told them my last three pregnancies ended at home. OMG, you should have been there and hear the way this man was speaking to me. I walked out with my eyes burning.

He was telling me how irresponsible I was, how he would NOT give me prenatal care because I took the life of my baby into my own hands in my previous pregnancies, told me how I did not care for safety because I chose to have babies at home when it was VERY APPARENT THAT I MUST HAVE A C/S IN THE HOSPITAL AT 38 WEEKS PREGNANT!

ugh! What a jerk!