Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
duckpondsunset
Registered Users
Formerly: duckpondatdusk
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chiro question

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
While someone recommened a women who is a mom I will recommend a man who is a dad. More than likely he adjusted his own while during pg and would know just what you need .

Seriously though a chiro is great during pg if you can see one, def do.
I went to both at the practice I visited (a mom and a dad) The mom was a little more fearless w/rib adjustments, though. I had a subluxed rib...OUCH!

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #12
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After using 3 diff chiros and working for one, I'd never heard of the Webster technique, but I think the special tables are a must! You want the table with the leaf that drops but still supports the belly. (It gives under pressure). When I worked for the one, we'd have pg women come in early just so they could comfortably lie on their stomachs for an extra 20 minutes. <g>

I'd also say that if you go to a chiro and he's not really gentle with you during pg, leave!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #13
babyholic
Registered Users

I highly recommend a chiropractor for all aches and discomfort during pregnancy. Mine kept me pain-free from week 24 to the birth of my second child, after I had been bed-ridden with pain for weeks. (Pubic and hip pain bad enough to prevent me from walking.)

He also adjusted my 3 day old son who had a rough ride through the birth canal (born face/brow first!) It cured his reflux and instantly turned him into a "new" and happier baby!