Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
blacktuesdays
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Why do users ask for pp fees, when i was told it wasnt allowed

title says it all i was asking for paypal fees covered on something i was trying to sell and i got a post that said i wasnt allowed to, so of course i took it out of the post. now everyday and just about every fs thread i see asks for buyer to cover paypal fees. why does no one else get the 'you aren't allowed to ask for pp fees' post on their threads? i don't get it!

Advertisement

blacktuesdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:08 AM   #2
3girlymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why do users ask for pp fees, when i was told it wasnt allowed

Everyone does it on these forums.

I think if you are listing something on a site, like ebay, you aren't allowed to ask people to cover those fees. A way around that is to put those fees into the price of the item you are selling.

I have 2 accts, a personal and a biz one. I always use the personal one for things here UNLESS someone asks to pay via CC...and then I give them the biz acct and request that they cover the fees. I've never had an issue.
3girlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
jennylou
Registered Users

I've seen posts asking people to cover PP fees - not even just CC fees. I expect to pay CC fees, I don't expect to pay PP fees if I'm using funded paypal.

Of course, ultimately, it comes down to whether it will be worth it or not. Is the cost of shipping, PP fees and the dipes worth the cost of the dipe, or could I wait a bit to find a dipe that I don't have to pay the PP fees and get a better deal?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Some people have 2 accounts, and only use the Premier account if someone needs to pay with CC, so they ask for fees.

A lot of people do it, but it is against PP rules. It's just part of the cost of having a Premier/Business account. And some people don't know that if you have a Premier account, you are charged fees for any money that comes in. I didn't for a while when I first started selling on DS and someone told me.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

Technically you aren't allowed to ask for a buyer to cover your PP fees- but that's PP's rule.

Around here the "norm" is for the buyer to cover PP fees if using a CC. I do see sellers occassionally post something like "please cover fees if using PP as I get charged them for funded or CC". I won't buy from those mamas because I don't feel I should be required to pay fees for using funded. It's not that hard to set up a second account and keep it for funded use only and avoid the fees. If I'm using a CC I don't mind paying the fees because it's ME that wants the convenience of using the CC, kwim?
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
mommytobe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i guess that's why a lot of my stuff never sold on here. i have recently finally gotten a regular account cause i was not aware that you could have more than one account. i have a business paypal account because i needed it for people to pay me for tupperware with their credit cards.
mommytobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

I only had a business account too for a while- I just didn't ask for fees when the buyer was paying funded
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote