Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
e and d
Registered Users
seller

Wet feeling against baby's skin: difference between OV and bamboo velour Dream-Eze?

I just got a Dream-Eze in the mail...love the softness, the fit, and the cut! It's organic velour.

Here's my question, though: since this is a nighttime dipe, I'm worried about him being soaking wet all night without a stay-dry liner of some sort. (We've only used pockets or AIOs in the past, so the whole fitted/cover thing is new to me.)

If I exchange the OV for the bamboo velour, will there be any difference in how wet he feels? Or is it the same? I suppose I could always put in a fleece liner anyway...

Thanks so much in advance!

Advertisement

e and d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wet feeling against baby's skin: difference between OV and bamboo velour Dream-Ez

I think it would still be the same. Velour doesn't have a stay-dry effect.

I just have some scrap microfiber that I cut up to put in my fitteds that don't have stay-dry liners.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wet feeling against baby's skin: difference between OV and bamboo velour Dream-Ez

I think it will be about the same. I have both and they feel about the same wet IMO (yes, I've felt his peed diaper myself! I want to know how wet he feels!)

FWIW, the BV is trimmer/thinner than the OV. I'm not sure yet how absorbency compares, the OV is pretty absorbent IMO.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
e and d
Registered Users
seller

Re: Wet feeling against baby's skin: difference between OV and bamboo velour Dream-Eze?

Thanks so much for the info.

I'm on a mission to find a great night time dipe, and have a bamboo VBSN on the way, along with a Lullaby Dreams...can't wait.

As a side note...do you guys know of anyone who makes microfiber liners??
Old 10-04-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wet feeling against baby's skin: difference between OV and bamboo velour Dream-Eze?

If you mean microfleece liners, www.nothingbuttcloth.com makes some. I've gotten wipes from her before that were great! You can also just buy some microfleece at walmart or wherever and cut them to fit your dipes. Fleece doesn't unravel in the wash.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hnestly, my son takes quite a while to fel wet with ov, but bamboo, he wqakes up in the morning and his skin is basicallyh dry, i think its the texturte of the velour, even though its absorbant fabric, the loopiness keeps the wet away some, kwim?
either way id prefer to put bamboo on him overnight, hes woken up feeling wet with the ov, but not b/ocv (its organic cotton/bamboo, not bamboo and poly or anything)
hes a super heav\y wetter, too...

hth~
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
e and d
Registered Users
seller

You guys are the best.

rebeccah, sorry, I was thinking of the athletic wicking material micro stuff. (What is that really called, anyway?) I have fleece liners already but they are pilly and I was thinking the other stuff might make a great lay-in liner.

Mindy, hmm. Interesting. I haven't yet washed the OV...I wonder if I should exchange it for the bamboo, which will be ready in 2-3 weeks.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #8
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the athletic wickintg thing, since its so thin, honestly, i think id more want that to be sewn into the soaker or inner lkining of the diaper, id *think* that it might bunch up, if only laid in there with nothing attatched to it, but i could be wrong on that since i nly felt a sample of one kind of it.

i know i thought it was interesting, too, i wanted it as an inner for a night diaper for the softness, and since its not all manmade stuff against him al night, kwim? i tried it the first couple times and he kept waking up dry, and it shocked the heck outta me! even soaking wet, hes still pretty much dry, i can rub his skin and never feel anyting wet about it, only once, it felt a little wet at the elastic n the front and his thigh but not the diaper covered area, it was just the outside of the diaper against him there, hd moved funny and the hemp side was aganst him there.

anyway hth some and lmk if i can help any more since ive tried them both
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote