Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2008, 06:36 AM   #11
sweety13
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Sleeping through the night advice...

Not to hijack, because it is related to op question, do you mamas who are getting all this sleep...uhh noooooo I am NOT jealous cosleep or not? Thanks mamas...

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #12
patzgrl84
Registered Users

My Mood:

Enjoy your rest. Ds is 12 months and still wakes at night. I must admit its my fault though, I actually enjoy the night feeds cause its pretty much the only times he will just let me cuddle him anymore.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Fieldcraftmama
patzgrl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #13
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety13 View Post
Not to hijack, because it is related to op question, do you mamas who are getting all this sleep...uhh noooooo I am NOT jealous cosleep or not? Thanks mamas...
Let me just state for the record, that my older ds who is 7 has NEVER (and still doesn't) slept through the night. He woke at LEAST 4 times a night until he was about 13 months, then at 16 months he stopped night nursing, then self-weaned at 18 months, but STILL continued to wake ALL THE TIME. So, don't get the idea that I'm one of those "oh, my baby sleeps through the night" braggarts. Also, my dd started sleeping through the night at 4 weeks and that lasted until she was 4 months and then it was the 4 times a night routine. So, I'm just enjoying it while it lasts, one week or one night or whatever. I think with this last two, I've just been blessed with an abundance of milk so my kiddos have filled up fast, until the onset of a big growth spurt.

But, to answer your question. My ods slept in a bassinet next to our bed, until about 15lbs, then the crib in our room until he night weaned. DD slept in her carseat until 4 weeks (because of her reflux), then we co-slept until she moved to her own room about 12 months (then I would go to her room to nurse her). YDS is sleeping in a pack-n-play bassinet next to our bed. But neither of the boys can nurse lying down and for some reason dd could, so she was the only one who needed to be in bed with us. She really needed to be right there tucked under my arm. For some reason the boys are/were different.

BUT...don't worry if your dc isn't sleeping through the night. Just enjoy that time together, because frankly, it goes too fast. Your little one will be 7 before you know it and you will be wondering where your precious little baby went.
(and wondering why he can't seem to pee ONLY IN the toilet, not all over the bathroom! )
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #14
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmommy View Post
Yeah! If it weren't for getting too full, I'd be set!
I pumped in the night. I needed them milk for when I worked (or for occassionaly leave-baby-with-daddy-time) and it relieved my pain. I was awake and uncomfortable anyway, so I just pumped it out! I know that it made my body to continue the process, but again, I needed that milk!
Old 04-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #15
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

As long as your LO is gaining weight, go for it! Lucky you!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #16
Jenilynn
Registered Users

My Mood:

Can I just throw in my question since it seems to fit here, my DD is 4 weeks and a few days and like one or two nights a week she will sleep from 11/12pm to 6am. I know my ped would say "wake her up" but yeah her kids are grown and I honestly don't think she remember how hard it is to wake yourself up exactly three hours after the last feeding. I think my supply is great and has been since she was born but is that way too early for her to be essentially "missing" a feeding?

My son was sleeping untill 5am at three weeks but I atribute that to me giving up BF and FFing him. Maybe I just have good sleepers?
Jenilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #17
Cyann
Registered Users
seller

Your supply will probably be just fine; you're far enough into breastfeeding that it should be well established. Most women have no problems adjusting to the changed demand when their baby starts sleeping through the night. And even for the few that do, and whose babies' weight gain gets too low, it's very easy to fix the problem by just adding a nighttime feeding or two back in. So try not to worry, and enjoy your sleep while you have it!
Cyann is offline   Reply With Quote