Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2008, 10:16 PM   #181
mommysings3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pinning challenge! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleighbelle47 View Post
Jessica, you should totally give flats a try. I was afraid of them too back when I was cloth diapering Bella but they're really great. If you can use a prefold you can do flats (it just takes a few extra steps) and it gives you lots of different options.
HG pregnant lady is still up?! how are you feeling? so i'm thinking of trying, what fold should i use? i have a couple of random flats and of course some receiving blankets, will those work? and where would i find how to fold them?

Advertisement

Jessica, just an every day rebel, Doula, midwife student, writer, homeschooling WAHM to 4, soon to be 5 girls- O- 10, L- 8, H- 6, E- 21 months, and V due 01.14.09 IDSO any Elliebelly colorway on any base.
mommysings3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 PM   #182
caleighbelle47
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysings3 View Post
HG pregnant lady is still up?! how are you feeling? so i'm thinking of trying, what fold should i use? i have a couple of random flats and of course some receiving blankets, will those work? and where would i find how to fold them?

Yep still up, I've had chronic insomnia since I was pregnant with John. And I took benadryl and phenergan over an hour ago. But otherwise feeling pretty good, should hopefully have another few weeks before I relapse. Oh and of course preterm labor is starting to really kick in.

For flats I do the prefold fold and then you can just do it however you like to fold your prefolds. This just seems to be working best for us. There's a bunch of link in the master sticky at the top though with links to several different folds. I just checked those out and experimented. And receiving blankets do work.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 PM   #183
seannamarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hm I'm thinkin' about trying some new folds...

I've done the diva now (worked well, but was hard to un-pin after she SOAKED the whole dipe)

The Jelly-Roll

The whatever it's called where you twist the crotch.. Ahh Bikini... right?
The crotch twisty one- that's supposed to make it tighter/trimmer right?
Old 04-26-2008, 12:44 AM   #184
bettybites
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmd1023 View Post
pinning issue #1638472202

I got 2 brand new bagshot row bv preflats, no matter how I do it, they just dont hold. They are too stretchy! I love them for that, and how soft they are, but I just dont think they are for us and the doubler pops out the end. anyone have any pointers on how to get it to fit? we have done a normal fold pinned at the sides, 1 pin in front, and the diva fold, it just basically unravels, and I know its not my folding and pinning, we have been doing awesome all week!
I think I know what you mean now, I got a BSRB bamboo velour preflat today and it is doing the same thing with the legs unraveling. Like you have to keep rolling the legs up, right? I think it may be because I am not putting a cover over the diaper like I do most of the time. Plus I am using bamboo velour by itself, not with fleece or something on the back so it is Snappiable. I think maybe becasue I want to pet the soft velour I am not putting on a cover, which is contributing to the unraveling? Does that make sense?

I did notice that if I pinned in the back, I was able to get a much tighter fit and the bamboo velour did not unravel around the legs without the cover.

I think I'm just gonna pin in the back with the bamboo velour from now on.

Anyone looking to trade some mama cloth for a large long black Glamourmom nursing tank?
bettybites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #185
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok I read the last page and then the first page, but nothing in the middle. I want to learn how to pin. I'm on my second of 3 snappis right now. The first one, one of the "feet" came right off one day. They're not going to last forever.

Pins just give me so much trouble b/c I can't seem to get them INTO the fabric at all, like they're not sharp... but they're brand new so I don't know what's up. Our entire stash is Chinese unbleached prefolds. I stuck them into a bar of soap and am about to go change DD's diaper right now and try them out. Wish me luck.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #186
AJsMommy
Registered Users
seller

I think I might have figured it out. I still oragami fold (that just works best for us), but have started to tuck the sides in. I've always rolled the wings, because that's the only way to get the poop to stay in. I'm not at home, but will take pics when I get back there. The fold seems to keep the wings tucked in. If I'm putting it under a cover, I'll cross over the wings (like pp). Again, I'll take pics and add those...
AJsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #187
cdmd1023
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AARGGGG

I have 3 bv pfs that the pins will not go through! I have tried everything!
Baby #3 is on the way! EDD 10/28/11
cdmd1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #188
AJsMommy
Registered Users
seller

Regarding non-sharpness. I've tried the soap thing and it just makes a mess. I'm really lazy, too, and always lose the bar of soap. I'll just run the pin over my scalp (carefully) before sticking it in my son's diaper. It coats it with a little oil and is always there. If the dipe was really soaked, I wipe the pin off with a wipey first...don't want pee residue in my head.
AJsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #189
mommysings3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleighbelle47 View Post
Yep still up, I've had chronic insomnia since I was pregnant with John. And I took benadryl and phenergan over an hour ago. But otherwise feeling pretty good, should hopefully have another few weeks before I relapse. Oh and of course preterm labor is starting to really kick in.

For flats I do the prefold fold and then you can just do it however you like to fold your prefolds. This just seems to be working best for us. There's a bunch of link in the master sticky at the top though with links to several different folds. I just checked those out and experimented. And receiving blankets do work.
I'm sorry for the insomnia, that's rough. I have child induced insomnia but it's not the same thing. When E gets up I'm going to try a flat, wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Ok I read the last page and then the first page, but nothing in the middle. I want to learn how to pin. I'm on my second of 3 snappis right now. The first one, one of the "feet" came right off one day. They're not going to last forever.

Pins just give me so much trouble b/c I can't seem to get them INTO the fabric at all, like they're not sharp... but they're brand new so I don't know what's up. Our entire stash is Chinese unbleached prefolds. I stuck them into a bar of soap and am about to go change DD's diaper right now and try them out. Wish me luck.
I had a set of pins, my first set, that I got online. They weren't dritz, I don't know what they were but they wouldn't go through fabric well at all. I tried soap and the oil in my hair with no luck. It really confused me why ppl would say how great pinning is, I nearly bruised my fingers trying to get the darn things through and it took forever! Then I got my first set of dritz pins and low and behold, magic. The pins just glide through and I found the pinning love. Sometimes I'll run into trouble if a cotton PF has too much fabric in a bunch but usually I have no trouble at all and it's like a hot knife through butter with the BV. So it could be your pins, good pins can make a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMommy View Post
Regarding non-sharpness. I've tried the soap thing and it just makes a mess. I'm really lazy, too, and always lose the bar of soap. I'll just run the pin over my scalp (carefully) before sticking it in my son's diaper. It coats it with a little oil and is always there. If the dipe was really soaked, I wipe the pin off with a wipey first...don't want pee residue in my head.
Jessica, just an every day rebel, Doula, midwife student, writer, homeschooling WAHM to 4, soon to be 5 girls- O- 10, L- 8, H- 6, E- 21 months, and V due 01.14.09 IDSO any Elliebelly colorway on any base.
mommysings3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #190
melissaatk
Registered Users
seller

For dull pins, you could rub them on a knife sharpening stone. Should sharpen them right up!