Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2006, 05:27 AM   #11
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:
Re: can I take anything....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdlane View Post
what about chamomille tea??
Yes, there is also a 'bedtime' or 'sleepytime' tea out there. A little lavender oil, put it on a cotton ball and into your pillowcase, but not too much. A warm bath first with some lavendar bath salts, easy to make with epsom salt and oil. Sip the tea in the tub.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006, 06:16 AM   #12
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

My natural pregnancy book and our alternative medicine books both say you can take Valerian Root, my #1 choice for insomnia around here to begin with so I was pleased to read that! That stuff works for me hands down over any OTC or prescription sleep aid without side effects. I always felt groggy and drugged the next day and that is IF it made me fall sleep.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:47 AM   #13
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed3times View Post
You can take Tylenol PM while pregnant?

my dr said yes.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #14
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm always leery of teas because theres certain herbs and such that you shouldn't take at particular times in pregnancy, so you want to read all thats in the tea, kwim? I also know that turkey has triptophan (sp) in it, whether thats a drug put in there or if thats a natural thing, I am not sure, but yes, that does make you sleepy. Ive never felt comfy taking Tylenol PM or anything like that during pregnancy. Check out www.kellymom.com that site has things rated in classes as to whats ok and whats not. There are some things that are rated as 'ok' on there though that my family Dr wouldn't let me take while pg or nursing.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #15
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK, My doc told me to do something and i have to say it has REALLY helped. He told me to eat a turkey sandwhich at bedtime. I have been doinghtis 3-4 times a week and i sleep sooo good onthose days. He sys the high carbs of the bread give you a big full bely feeling, the trypophan in the tukey makes you sleepy,and the protein in the turkey, keeps you full longer.

My MW suggests Skull cap, but i havent takenit. My friend did, and it helped her fall asleep, but she wasnt able to stay asleep...

good luck!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #16
Sassy Turtle
Registered Users

You can check out www.safefetus.com. It lists the different drugs that are either safe or unsafe during pregnancy/nursing.

I hope you get some sleep soon!!
Sassy Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote