Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2006, 01:40 AM   #51
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rude questions need good comebacks.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fither View Post

me: "we're pregnant!"

friend: "OMG, were you TRYING??"

me: "we try everyday to have a happy family". (this one is tough for me....i think i need a better comeback!)

okay I haven't read this whole thread yet - but I will. I just wanted to add my thought be fore I forget... its what I thought would work with your "theme"

me: "we're pregnant!"

friend: "OMG, were you TRYING??"

you say: trying? trying what? to add more joy/bliss/enchantment into our life.?. well yeah!

Ya know - it always makes me when people project their feelings about a perfect sized family onto others.. just is weird to me. Like I am going to go up to my friends that have chosen to have one child (or none!!) and say: "what?!?!? you're not having any/more kids? is that planned???" etc. etc. etc.
good luck to you and your friend!!

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006, 01:41 AM   #52
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

I never got any of these questions/comments when I was pregnant with Whilder, but I guess it was probably because everyone alredy knew she was not planned. I always say that she was unexpected but embraced.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:56 AM   #53
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saanthony12 View Post
Help me out!! I am turning 41 this weekend. I have a 20 year old, a 13 year old - an 9 month old and yes we are trying for one more. When I tell someone right now that I want another one - you can only imagine what all I am hearing. Nothing positive. tell me what I can say - The biggest one I get is - OMG are you nuts?
Mama! I am right there with ya... though my DD is just 12 and DS1 is 10 when everyone found out we were PG they all said nothing positive!!!!! It was: was I/were we nuts/crazy/stupid (huh??? ) etc... every single time my reply was very calm and collected.: "yes". figured that would stop them... it usually did, too!! Only one person actually had a comeback for me and it was "well it serves you right, then!" OMG! WTH did that mean! THey were serious! I still can't figure it out!

Just remember if you and DH "get it" and are happy then just have fun with the replies you give.. make it a game to get the best look off of someone!!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:01 AM   #54
blessed3times
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really hate it when people comment on how many children you have. I have 3 and am expecting again. I get the "Good Lord, how many are you gonna have?" crap all the time!!! I usually say, I'll have a hundred if I want but when I start asking you for money, then by all means, feel free to make your rude comments then.

My MIL was very very very rude when we told her (and the whole family at a family gathering) that I was pg. She stood up and made a complete fool out of us making sure the whole room was quiet so she could rudely comment in her loudest voice. I still haven't forgiven her for that one. I was sooo embarrassed and now I'm just mad. Her comment was--that's the last thing you need. (Along with some other crap. ) No, the last thing I need is a jungle virus or leprosy or something. I think I can handle a baby much easier!!

When people ask us if we know what causes that, I say just about what a pp said. "Yep, and I think we've pretty much mastered the art, don't you?"

I may seem bitter, but I am just amazed at how people think it is somehow their business how many children you have, how far apart they are, etc.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:11 AM   #55
gilbertkimber
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I found out I was having twins and told people, if I had a dollar for every "better you than me" I would be rich.

The rudest thing was from my SIL and MIL who both think my DH and I 'had no business having more kids". My SIL came to the NICU to see the boys (which I think was just so she could curb her curiosity and gawk at tiny babies) she said "well I hope you got yourself fixed now". WTH??? Yes, I had a tubal by my own doing, not to please her and the MIL!!!
The nerve of some people.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:51 AM   #56
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

you can just be rude like me and tell them its none of their business how you run and plan your family. lol
Old 10-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #57
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed3times View Post
No, the last thing I need is a jungle virus or leprosy or something.
oh I can't wait for a situation where I can use this one! LMBO!!!