Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
We got a biter

DS is 9 months old and already has SEVEN teeth. He loves to occasionally bite down on me. When I say "OUCH!" he laughs. He loves to tease me. I have tried different things but am not consistent. I usually stop feeding him when he does this. Most of the time when he bites me, he isn't really hungry and seems to get a kick out of me saying "Ouch!"

Other times, I flick his cheek. Not hard. Actually it's probably too soft as he just continues to laugh. Little stinker! Any suggestions?

ladylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: We got a biter

First, I would stop saying ouch!

My son is 9 1/2 months and just cut his first tooth. We taught him "pretty, gentle" when he wanted to explore the house and I didn't want him being rough with something. When he started biting, I cover my breast, tell him "gentle" in the same tone, and then I let him latch. The more consistent I am, the better he is about it!
bean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: We got a biter

I feel ya! I found what worked for me was to try real hard not to exclaim anything, like "ow!" and then to keep my finger ready to unlatch if I have to. What eventually worked for me, was to calmly say, "oh, I guess you're all done, all done" and then unlatch her and put her down. She doesn't like this, and after a few times she got the point! She really was doing it a lot with the molars coming in, but now she hasn't done it in a while, thank goodness!
Mommy of Abby (2-22-99) and Stephanie (3-16-07)
kellysue1972 is offline   Reply With Quote