Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #31
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oh I hope I don't regret this.. I ordered a regent

Uh.. yeah.. I will be getting a refund! That is a lot of savings and when I am ready to get a regent, I will be going to that site! Thanks!

Advertisement

Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #32
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Hmm.. I just looked at their site and I see a couple of them for $239, and others for $269.99 .. I don't see any for $219. Did you use a special coupon code or something? I got my Boulevard $10 cheaper than this site, through Happymothers.com.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #33
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Man.. I found out I have to pay return shipping, PLUS a restocking fee for returning the regent! So, guess what, since boulevard one hasn't went through I just cancelled that one.. so looks like I'm back to getting the regent..Anyone else going crazy with me just reading my turmoil?! I'm just going to wait a few months before using it though, maybe he will gain a couple more lbs.. he's been eating like a horse and he has put on over a pound in a month! Since he got his tubes in Feb, he's been feeling much better and slowly getting a hearty appetite. Oh, and btw, they charged me $239.99 for this one.. I've been looking at so many prices they are all kinda running together! lol!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #34
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yikes, i'd keep the regent then. The deal with babycatalog was not thru the website, you had to call the outlet store and order by phone.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #35
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I literally feel sick over this whole ordeal. I really wanted the Boulevard for him.. I wish I would have thought it through a little more.. Who knows, I might still end up with both if the other company ships out before reading my email.. wouldn't that be lovely to be charged for two of em.. ack! I'm sure it will work out.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #36
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* View Post
Man.. I found out I have to pay return shipping, PLUS a restocking fee for returning the regent! So, guess what, since boulevard one hasn't went through I just cancelled that one.. so looks like I'm back to getting the regent..Anyone else going crazy with me just reading my turmoil?! I'm just going to wait a few months before using it though, maybe he will gain a couple more lbs.. he's been eating like a horse and he has put on over a pound in a month! Since he got his tubes in Feb, he's been feeling much better and slowly getting a hearty appetite. Oh, and btw, they charged me $239.99 for this one.. I've been looking at so many prices they are all kinda running together! lol!
If you don't open the box or tamper with it at all, the PO will return it for free. Write "Refuse, return to sender" on it and give it back.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #37
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Really because I called my CC company telling them I didn't want that seat and told them I wanted to just refuse the shipment and she said that I should re-mail it, that way I'd have a tracking number to prove it's been sent back. But, it already has a tracking number, wouldn't it just keep showing until it's final destination? They are sending it UPS..
Also, looks like BOTH seats are coming to me.. apparently I can't cancel by email, I'd have to call and they are closed on the weekends.. So, in this freaking case.. I guess I am going to choose the Boulevard and deal with whatever circumstances on the regent. I'd really like to wait at least another year before putting him in the regent after really thinking this through.. At least until he's 3 yrs old..I'm just not ready to turn him FF and what if he takes another year just to put on a couple more lbs??? Honestly I am only going to buy him a regent if 1) We get pg, then we can move him into a regent and give the BV to the baby (but I don't see me getting pg any time soon, still no ppaf - even if I did he'd be nearly 3 by the time the baby got here so I'd think he'd be okay and be able to FF by then) or 2) He outgrows the BV, and I don't see that happening for a long while off.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #38
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* View Post
Really because I called my CC company telling them I didn't want that seat and told them I wanted to just refuse the shipment and she said that I should re-mail it, that way I'd have a tracking number to prove it's been sent back. But, it already has a tracking number, wouldn't it just keep showing until it's final destination? They are sending it UPS..
Also, looks like BOTH seats are coming to me.. apparently I can't cancel by email, I'd have to call and they are closed on the weekends.. So, in this freaking case.. I guess I am going to choose the Boulevard and deal with whatever circumstances on the regent. I'd really like to wait at least another year before putting him in the regent after really thinking this through.. At least until he's 3 yrs old..I'm just not ready to turn him FF and what if he takes another year just to put on a couple more lbs??? Honestly I am only going to buy him a regent if 1) We get pg, then we can move him into a regent and give the BV to the baby (but I don't see me getting pg any time soon, still no ppaf - even if I did he'd be nearly 3 by the time the baby got here so I'd think he'd be okay and be able to FF by then) or 2) He outgrows the BV, and I don't see that happening for a long while off.
I would think a tracking number is a tracking number and will keep tracking for at least a month or so? Maybe call your PO and ask?

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #39
odenata
Registered Users
seller

UPS does a good job tracking their packages - I've never had any problems. And on their website it says:

Quote:
Packages refused by consignees or which for any other reason cannot be delivered will be promptly returned to the shipper without additional charge.
I think you would be fine refusing it, but I assume they will charge you a re-stocking fee and the shipping costs would not be reimbursed.
odenata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #40
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Well, it came and I did refuse it today.. it showed within an hour that it was refused on the tracking so I called the place and she said they'd credit me back once it arrived minus the shipping charges. I did argue that I felt it wasn't entirely fair since I was emailing with the guy seeing if we could swap the regent for the BV and after he said NO (not without charging me the $299, even though their site said $259 just two days prior) was when I emailed him back to just cancel.. He put out shipping notification within 5 minutes after my email telling him to just cancel it. I sent him the email to cancel, checked the site and it still said it was 'processing'.. went and found the seat I really wanted elsewhere and paid.. Took about 45 minutes total and then I checked my emails and seen a shipping notification.. All is okay though because she looked up the emails and did see indeed that I was asking questions and asked it to be cancelled before shipping so they are going to give me a complete refund.. I have to wait 7-10 business days after they get it back though.. Oh well at least I'm getting the one I want.. I will learn next time to really think these things through and be POSITIVE what I want beforehand..
Oh yeah.. the other place emailed me saying they discontinued the brownstone BV I ordered, so they gave me the choice of any of the newer models on them.. So I got the huntington for $259, instead of $299. I don't know why they don't just update their site? I went though happymothers.com Saved $40 though so yeah! I will take pics when his new seat gets here sometime next week!! Everyones posts and taking the poll was really helpful, thanks so much!