Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #41
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dh's opinion on NIP

I'm so happy to hear about so many supportive dhs especially after the comments from BIL, his gf is prego and thinks moms who ff are lazy...That's ok, she'll understand, I just shake my head and wait.

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #42
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH doesn't mind--he just wants the baby and me to be happy and comfortable.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #43
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't nurse long (huge long story that's not important here) but DH wouldn't care. He fully supports a woman BF and doesn't think its icky or gross or inappropriate at all. he has had women friends BF around him all the time and he doens't care. Recently, he had to travel for work and the attendant came up to him on the plane and said, "sir, if you'd like to move, you can switch seats". He said, "why?" and she said, 'Well, the woman next to you is breastfeeding". DH said, "Oh.. I didn't realize. I don't need to move. You know, I don't think anyone even realized she was BF until you came over and drew attention to it".

This weekend, we were at Barnes and Noble and in the checkout line, we saw the newst SI Swimsuit edition - the cover model was topless except for a big beaded necklace covering her nipples. DH was upset that it was pretty much at "kid eye level" and asid, "you know, if a woman was sitting on the comfy chairs BF people would have a fit, yet this magazine can sit right here and no one cares! I don't get it!!"
Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #44
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post

This weekend, we were at Barnes and Noble and in the checkout line, we saw the newst SI Swimsuit edition - the cover model was topless except for a big beaded necklace covering her nipples. DH was upset that it was pretty much at "kid eye level" and asid, "you know, if a woman was sitting on the comfy chairs BF people would have a fit, yet this magazine can sit right here and no one cares! I don't get it!!"
Old 04-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #45
05NavyBride
Registered Users

My DH is wonderful about NIP. He always helps with the blanket, etc. In fact we have a running list of all the crazy places I have NIP.

Oh a tip I use when I'm out and about shopping...nurse in the dressing rooms. They usually have a seat or bench and you get some privacy if your LO is a blanket hater.
05NavyBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #46
Nebula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Between me and DH, I'm the more modest one concerning NIP. He doesn't care if I'm walking around topless as long as his baby gets what she needs. I need some more of his confidence on the matter, as I'm always uncomfortable NIP, but I do it all the time anyway.