Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Sex and pain

Is this a normal part of pregnancy?(I should know by now ) So after I have sex, for the next few hours(@6 today) I have severe pain in my butt(cheek) and down my leg. All on the right side...which is the same side as my sciatic nerve and I wonder if there is relation. Also, I feel a lot of pressure, discomfort in the more girly part of me. Like standing is very painful and uncomfortable. Walking isn't near as bad but standing still is awful. Now that that part is over I just have cramping in one leg(lower leg). This happens most anytime we have sex and I am active afterwards. I guess if I'm just lazy and lay around I don't notice it as much. But when I go to the grocery store and it hurts so bad I have to notice it more often.

Currently Single mommy to Aspen (7), Chloe (5) and Layla (3)

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Sex and pain

OMG ~ I had that exact same thing!!
My doc told me it was not uncommon but I have never heard anyone else say they had this pain. I remember the pain of standing after sex for several hours ~ Oh it was bad!! Very crampy and pretty severe down my inner and back of thighs and butt.
With #2 I had it as well and it started even earlier in the pregnancy.
I wonder what the actual cause of this is?
Love to Hunky P.
Momma to Munchigini & Mr. Pud
asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Sex and pain

The pain in the girlie parts is caused by two things - 1. your increased blood volume brought on by pg and 2. the rush of blood to that region brought on by sex. It causes you to feel puffy and swollen and that can be very uncomfortable for some. I totally know what you mean, I avoid having sex anytime but bedtime so that I don't have to stand up at all afterward. The other pain is probably sciatic pain, I've never had that caused by sex though..
~Megan~ On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.
Wife to 1 "People want the truth but never want the scars.." Emery
Mama to.. too many to list!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote