Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
cakeums
Registered Users
Formerly: mn***r
seller

My Mood:
Chicken Pox?

So I noticed a few red spots in DD's groin area yesterday, figured she was just a little irrated as her eczema sometimes flares up there. I hadn't seen her naked again until about an hour ago (I had a MNO last night and my mom bathed her and put her to bed) and she is covered in red spots! Most of them are flat right now but a couple look like they're starting to come to a head. They're all over her tummy, back, groin, and spreading down her arms and legs and up her face. No other symptoms other than a lack of appetite, more tired than usual, and being very irritable for the past couple of days. No change in detergent, no exposure to any poisonous plants or anything like that. She hasn't had the varicella vax and I wasn't planning on getting it unless it she hadn't caught CP yet by the time it's time for her to start school.

I have a ped appointment scheduled for 2:45. I'm active in a moms group with quite a few infants and preggos so I want to make sure I warn everyone if it is CP.

I took a few pics, it's hard to see the spots but they're brighter IRL. The big red spot on her chest was from her scratching.

And one of her actually in a good mood, go figure.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

cakeums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chicken Pox?

It looks like it to me. My eldest had CP a couple of months ago.

I am surprised that your ped will see her. Ours met us out in the parking lot. Some people have told me that their ped wouldn't even do that.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
mommyof3monsters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Chicken pox has hit your house Thats what it looked like first time DD got it ....... and like PP said you are lucky our old ped wouldnt even see us , our new one met us in the parking lot because he had other patients in the waiting area at the time
mommyof3monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

I'm not so sure. My kids all had actual blisters.

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Might be! Jackson's started flat, then blistered. And every day he got a few more. Jack's started on his butt, and spread. I'd just watch her. You'll know if it's CP in a couple days.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
cakeums
Registered Users
Formerly: mn***r
seller

My Mood:

Well to begin, she has an EI, so she's definitely not feeling well either way. She has a runny nose too and the ped thinks it's a viral rash, he didn't even mention CP. I had only mentioned it to the nurse, as soon as he looked at it he said it was either a reaction to her MMR (she had it 10 days ago, no flames please, apparently some kids get a rash 10-14 days afterward) or something viral. I guess the runny nose and lack of appetite made him lean more toward viral.

Now, he's a great ped, but something's telling me that's not the case. If it starts getting worse I'm sure I'll know if it's CP in a couple of days. If it is, it isn't like there's anything I can do for it anyway, KWIM?

Thanks for the input mamas! I was kind of hoping it was CP so I can avoid that vax entirely, maybe that's why I feel like he's not right on his diagnosis.
cakeums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #7
Eco_geek
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm so glad to hear that CP still exists! i'm worried that by the time my DS is ready to get CP they won't be around!
Eco_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my DS got it recently, I was not sure if it was CP, because I have never had it myself and I have only ever seen people with more severe cases. His looked just like your LO's rash. It never got to the point of large blistery things. They were relatively small red bumps and they itched.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote