Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Calliope
Registered Users

Fussy pants - HELP!

Hi,

My beautiful 8 1/2 wk old son is suddenly a grump today. We had shots on Monday, but I'm not sure that is it, since it is a full 4 days later.

Anyway, he's usually a 20 minute feeder, and usually nurses on both sides about every 3 hours or so during the day. Today he's been going about the same amount of time between feedings, but only nursing for about 5-9 minutes and when he is finished he just fusses and fusses until we take him off and calm him down. He is definitely not eating as much obviously.

Should I worry, or just assume he is fussy from the shots? I should say that usually he is the most easy going, non fussy little dude. He has gotten fussy at the breast when he's full before, but never like this.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Calliope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
valpopp
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Fussy pants - HELP!

Try nursing on one side for 2-3 hours before switching to the other side. I learned with my latest child that if you switch each time, baby gets too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk. It will make them fussy and have gas, spit up , irritated bowels and so on.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
valpopp
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Fussy pants - HELP!

If that does not help, pay attention to his stools. If they change in consistency or color he may have a food allergy. But I think around that age if I remember correctly they go through a fussy faze.