Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ww mamas ?

Hi everyone i just started ww agian. On my own but in a weight loss group at work. My ? is how do you plan your meals. I was really considering one of those ones that send you food but they are to pricey. But i am afraid i will eat what i always eat and get off track. Like i would do really good it my meals were planned out. I had a grocery list and i knew what i was going to eat and when i was going to eat it. But getting started everything is hit or miss if i am going to like it. will it be filling. Last time i did this i went out and bought alot of lowfat and fatfree stuff ended up going to my old eating habbits and sending all the food to the food banks because i just didn't know what to do with it all. I just don't want to get stuck in a rut this time.

Advertisement

-::- ((.* the buzz is all about.... check out my facebook http://facebook.com/romancepartiesbypaula2
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
mrsallen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ww mamas ?

I do WW and since Christmas have lost 30 pounds....

and I haven't changed what we eat as a family hardly at all.... I really think that switching to fat free reduced calorie, etc is a mistake. You can't live like that forever and WW is supposed to be about reeducation on portion sizes and making better food choices...

a great book as a supplement to WW is called "Volumetrics" the concept of the book is that we eat with out eyes and our mouths... we feel more full is the plate looked fuller when we started. So instead of eating 1/4C of raisins, have 2C of grapes and even though it was the same amount of Calories, you feel like you ate more because it was a bigger bowl to start and you had more in your mouth... does that make sense?

it is also easy to modify family recipes to be more figure friendly by changing the ratios within them... like, broccoli alfredo.... instead of 2C pasta, 1/4 C broccoli, and then sauce.... try 1C pasta, 1 1/4 C broccoli, and then sauce... the amount of food in the bowl is the same 2 1/4 C plus sauce, but the points value goes from 8 points to 4 points (plus sauce) which allows you to a. have points left over for another meal or b. eat twice as much!

HTH! Post if you want to talk it over more or if you have more specific concerns of where you feel like you might get stuck!
& 1 DD Hayden (4)
mrsallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ww mamas ?

Thanks for the reply.
I really need to change what we eat though. We eat alot of deep fried stuff, soda, chips just all the bad things. That is why i was trying to find subsutations for them. I can do the baked chips with out a problem. And i really feel like i need to make my meal seperalty from the rest of the family because we have a really weird eating set up. We live next door to IL so we have dinner together like every night and split the responsibilty so i make it one night and she makes it the next and they seem to complain about everything. I think i need to nip that in the bud but it started out of convience and now it feels like it is a have to do thing.

can anyone recomend a good ww cook book.
-::- ((.* the buzz is all about.... check out my facebook http://facebook.com/romancepartiesbypaula2
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote