Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
julieanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Breast pain

I am pg and due in June. I bf my almost 2 year old. Yesterday morning, and now this morning also, I have had a shooting pain in my right breast. My nipple also seems to be having a hard time going back down. I was going to try a heating pad, but of course, the 2 I own are not where they're supposed to be, and I can't find either one of them. This morning's pain is much worse than yesterday, and it is lasting a lot longer. It seems to kinda come and go, it will all of a sudden be really strong- almost bringing me to tears, and then it will subside. I do not believe it is thrush. Does anyone have any idea what else it could be, or what I can do to lessen the pain? TIA!

Advertisement

julieanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
julieanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breast pain

No one has any idea what this could be? Anyone?!?
julieanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
valpopp
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have had shooting pains before. If it lasts longer than a day or two, or if ya get a fever, I would call the doc
Old 05-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
Lyndzee
Registered Users

Are you sure it isn't thrush? I have heard it causes bad shooting pains. Maybe clogged duct. I occasionally get a shooting pain but it have never been anything but it also rarely occurs. Sorry wish I could be more help! Maybe treat for thrush and see if it helps?
Lyndzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
Leann
Registered Users

My Mood:

i've had shooting pains, but it turned out to be thrush. even though LO was asymptomatic.
Leann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:55 AM   #6
CindyLynn
Registered Users

My Mood:

I found that thrush, as it became worse, was more of a shooting, ripping burning pain. If I let it go, I eventually bled. I was told to stop eating yogurt and the likes, sterilize anything that comes in contact with my breasts, bras, nursing pads ect. If I didn't treat myself, my daughter would always get it at some point, either starting with a rash or the white spots in the mouth. A blocked was more of a stabbing pain, that seamed deeper. It's also very important to check your breasts for localized redness. This could indicate the onset of Mastitis which could be very dangerous. Go to the DR ASAP if there is any redness. Mastitis in an infection that needs antibiotics.
For the blocked duct, Try a warm shower, massage the breast and then express the milk. Then, and I know this sounds odd, put a leaf of cabbage on your breast(s).
I hope this helps.