Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How long to wait to graduate to big boy pants at night?

Our son has been waking up dry for the last few weeks, I'm still putting him to be in a night trainer. Just scard to wake up to wet sheets. Did your DC ever back track, as in stay dry at night and then start wetting through? He just turned three last week.

Just curious what other Mamas have done. TIA

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long to wait to graduate to big boy pants at night?

I would wait a few weeks to even a couple of months. Just to be sure. But I don't like suprised by wet sheets. Kearnan actually started waking up dry at 9 months, and didn't potty learn till 5.5yrs (autistic) in that time he maybe wet at night 5 times, and only when sick. But I still made him wear a night time trainer for just in case for the first month or two. It was helpful for the handful of mornings in the begining where he didn't get out of bed fast enough to make it to the potty for that first big flood. Since then he has had 2 overnight wettings, both times he has been sick. I figure it is better to be safe than sorry and it isn't like overnight trainers hurt them in anyway. I used cloth so it wasn't a huge issue to put them over his undies at night (I told him his Go Diego Go undies got cold at night and needed to keep warm) and take them off in the morning.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long to wait to graduate to big boy pants at night?

Thank you for your message. That is what I was afraid of, I'm with you on the wet sheets. I know he would be bummed if we went back to trainers once moving to big boy pants, so I think I'll play it safe for a while. Interesting idea to put the underware under his trainers. He wears NAP-EZ ones that are pretty trim. The other thing I'm hoping to try is all bamboo velour ones, and cover it with fleece shorties. That seems like it would be more breathable and he doesn't need snaps anymore.

Thank you again!