Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
co-sleeping mamas, when did your lo move...

to their own bed? Was moving their choice or yours? How well did the transition go?

My dd is 27 mo and we are still co-sleeping. I don't mind it but I am pg with #2 and I am wondering how comfy it is going to be with me being huge and dd and dh all in a queen size bed. My dd is a very active sleeper, she is all over the place throughout the night. And once the next baby arrives, I plan to start out with some type of co-sleeper or bassinet next to the bed until I feel comfortable bringing that one in bed. I just cant imagine all 4 of us in that bed comfortably. I am wondering how long to expect dd to be in bed with us. I cant imagine forcing her out now, that would be a huge struggle and nightmare I am sure. Just looking to see what others experiences were/are. TIA

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: co-sleeping mamas, when did your lo move...

well, ds was 4 in December and dd is 25 mos.........and we are still co-sleeping, a bit crowded, but it works.
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine are 4yrs and 2.5yrs and we are still Co-Sleeping

We all did fine when DD was born and we had a toddler and newborn in the bed!
Old 05-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas. I think I should just get some thinner pj's and get ready for more body heat
Old 05-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

My DD is 2.5yo and she still falls asleep with us, but we move her to her bed and she sleeps there through the night most of the time. Other times she comes into our room around 5am and just goes back to sleep with us for another hour or two.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My girls are 3y and 5y. We still co-sleep.
Don't know when they'll ever move out!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #7
nicleigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is 3 and he still co-sleeps. Even with #2 on the way, we dont want to move him, and then regress, so it will be the 4 of us in bed, lol
Old 05-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #8
Sweetpotatoesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My older ds was 3 when the baby was born. He had never slept w/o me. One night when DS2 was about 2 mths old DS1 said "can I get my own bed or something that baby cries alot" so we got him a bed. He slept in t everynite for about a yr then recently he started having nightmares so he is in our room off and on. it is totally up to him. we have a crib matteress under our bed so if it gets crowded at night I put him on there.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DJ was 2 when James was born and although everyone told me I *HAD* to move DJ into his own bed before the baby came, I refused. When James was born, I had the bassinett right beside the bed but I tried to get him to sleep beside me, on the side opposite DJ. He never wanted anything to do with cosleeping! He was never one to nurse to sleep...he nursed till he was done and then spit it out and wanted his paci and his own bed. Because of his reflux and his respiratory problems, he wound up sleeping in the swing right beside the bed most of the time till he was about 6 months old. When he started getting really cranky at bedtime and waking up mad several times a night, I decided to try putting him in the crib in the other room and he immediately went back to laying right down and sleeping through the night. He just REALLY wanted his own space when he slept. Now, it did get a little weird when he was about a year and a half and started catching on that DJ was sleeping with us. He still didn't like sleeping in our bed and didn't sleep as well there, but I guess he thought he was missing out on something by getting put down alone when brother got snuggled to sleep with us. About that time, DJ was starting to resist his own routine a little more too and it was getting harder and harder to get him to go to bed so I put my foot down and said that we were going to start a new bedtime routine. I started trying to be really consistent about doing supper, bath, story, teeth, bed. And when it was bedtime, both boys went into their own beds and I'd sit in there with them and sing for a few minutes then leave and go do my own thing. The first night was rough but once we fine-tuned the routine and figured out what worked for everyone, it was great. DJ was about 3.5 then. He still asks every night if he can sleep in our bed but it's more of a game that he plays than really wanting to most of the time. At some point during the night, both of them usually wake up and come get in our bed so we wake up in the morning most days with all four of us in the bed. Now that DH has moved out, DJ's started back with really pushing to sleep in my bed but I want to keep things the way they are if we can. I let him sleep with me last night but I reminded him several times today that he was going to sleep in his big boy bed tonight and at bedtime, he didn't even ask to sleep in my bed. He did want me to lay down with him until he fell asleep and he got upset when I tried to get up a couple of times before he was out good but with all that's going on, I can live with that for now.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote