Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #11
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have any of you ever dealt with someone that obviously dislikes children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilla_marion View Post
Well I haven't really met any children haters since I've had my DD. We did sit next to a woman on a plane once who just completely and totally ignored us but that was fine, it was clear to me she didn't really care for children but she just ignored us, never made a comment or said anything even when Kit would try to touch her, so oh well. heh

BUT, when I used to cashier for Target the older, maybe in their late 50's couple came in buying a present for their grandchild and proceeded to tell me how they never really liked children and were disappointed that their son decided to have kids...and were hoping their daughter wouldn't ever have children....I was standing there and in my head I was o.0 but couldn't say anything, hehe....I mean, how sad it must have been to be raised by people who don't like children and wish they hadn't had you....horrible...
WTH?? Why did they even have their own child ever....I think I would have had to say...Oh children are such a blessing in my eyes or something...

Oh I do remember when I had DS, a friend of mine who doesn't like children came to visit me in the hospital. And she proceeded to tell me how she hated when people used their children as an excuse...[example: Oh I can't come at that time because it's my LO's nap time...or I wasn't able to make it to work today because my child was ill...etc.]...

She was always so negative about children and such and I just chewed her out good right there in the hospital with my DH and best friend shaking their head at her..
I mean come on ... My DS had just literally been born about 12 hours before and this lady is telling me this junk....I didn't talk to her much after that!

Advertisement

Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #12
trilla_marion
Registered Users

My Mood:

No doubt...that's crazy. Why bother coming to visit if you don't like kids? sheesh...and not being able to leave because your child is napping is an 'excuse'....oh yeah....Yeah maybe people use that as an excuse to avoid HER but for most people, that's a valid reason to have to STAY home. lol
Old 05-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Oh man, mama - that olive garden story, I'd have totally told the @sshole off. I mean, your child may not be that socially adept, but he's 2, and sounded like he was behaving himself pretty well for being only 2. What was that guy's excuse for being so socially inept? Doesn't matter what you were doing, being treated like that is NOT acceptable, and I'd have told him as much.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #14
BlushingEwe
Registered Users
Formerly: blueblueMummy
seller

My Mood:

Unfortunately, my niece seems to have an aversion to kids. She also has an 8month old of her own and is in the middle of a heated divorce. She already has visitation worked out with the father, he gets the ds one week and she has him the next. OMG! I died when I found this out, how could she be away from her ds at this young age for a whole week! But it got worse, this weekend I found out that she spends very little time with him even on the week she has him. She would much rather leave him with her sister, friend or mother while she goes shopping or driving around. I walked in on her yesterday while she was changing him and he is a normal wiggly 8month old, she is yelling at him to be still and handling him less then gently. I sat down and talked to him while she finished, and he was fine. Later, she decided he needed a nap, so she put him down in the spare bedroom, turned out the light, shut the door and left. My mother had to go get him when he started crying so loudly everyone in the house could hear, and my niece was nowhere to be found. She just complains that he is so much trouble. All day she was handing him off to someone else and walking away. I think she sees him as a chore she really doesn't want to do, and gets no joy at all from him.
It was when she started yelling at my kids too that I had to step in and ask her to please respect the lo's as people, my mother had to speak to her about that too.
I just don't understand.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #15
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know if it was because of ben or not but, I had him standing in the shopping cart basket. We were slowly walking down a horizontal isle when just as I was coming to an "intersection" a woman dashes in front of me puts here hand out and yealls "STOP!" then keeps walking, I was no where even close to the point where I would even touch her never mind run her down. So I said what is your problem? It wasn't like I was going to hit you or anything. She said you would've if you kept going at that speed. LOL Yeah maybe about 5 min later if she was standing still. I mentioned to DH what she said, he walked over and gave her a nasty look, then she appologized to him. It amuses me now, but I was really annoyed at the time.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #16
weddell
Registered Users
seller

Before I had kids there was a lady where I used to work that hated kids. She was in her 50's, never had kids, never married (and I'm guessing never dated), had lots and lots of cats, wore dirty baggy clothes to work and no bra, and would always eat straight out of the container that everyone was sharing at work parties. She was generally unpleasant. Whenever she would find out that someone was pregnant or was going to be a grandparent she told them how "disgusting" it was that people had kids. She said there were too many people in the world and people shouldn't have kids so young (in their 20's and 30's). She would go on and on right in front of the person calling having babies shameful and disgusting. I'm sure someone would have told her off, but she was generally crazy and everyone ignored her.
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #17
trilla_marion
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblueMummy View Post
Unfortunately, my niece seems to have an aversion to kids. She also has an 8month old of her own and is in the middle of a heated divorce. She already has visitation worked out with the father, he gets the ds one week and she has him the next. OMG! I died when I found this out, how could she be away from her ds at this young age for a whole week! But it got worse, this weekend I found out that she spends very little time with him even on the week she has him. She would much rather leave him with her sister, friend or mother while she goes shopping or driving around. I walked in on her yesterday while she was changing him and he is a normal wiggly 8month old, she is yelling at him to be still and handling him less then gently. I sat down and talked to him while she finished, and he was fine. Later, she decided he needed a nap, so she put him down in the spare bedroom, turned out the light, shut the door and left. My mother had to go get him when he started crying so loudly everyone in the house could hear, and my niece was nowhere to be found. She just complains that he is so much trouble. All day she was handing him off to someone else and walking away. I think she sees him as a chore she really doesn't want to do, and gets no joy at all from him.
It was when she started yelling at my kids too that I had to step in and ask her to please respect the lo's as people, my mother had to speak to her about that too.
I just don't understand.
How sad...sorry to say it but it sounds like she shouldn't have any visitation with her DS at all, it seems she would be happier that way anyway from how you describe her....That poor little boy...I hope she snaps out of it before her son is old enough to understand how much his mother doesn't like him....We all get frustrated sometimes but really....
Old 05-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #18
BlushingEwe
Registered Users
Formerly: blueblueMummy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilla_marion View Post
How sad...sorry to say it but it sounds like she shouldn't have any visitation with her DS at all, it seems she would be happier that way anyway from how you describe her....That poor little boy...I hope she snaps out of it before her son is old enough to understand how much his mother doesn't like him....We all get frustrated sometimes but really....
Dont get me wrong his not abused or neglected except for emotionally. We tend to agree that her ds would be probably be better cared for with his dad, who as I hear is devoted to him. I have not seen him since they split but when I knew him he was very attentive to little ds.
I am very sad, As a devoted, sacrificing mother of 4 I really hurts to see a lo who is really not wanted or cared for the way they deserve. Sometimes, I just want to scoop him up and take him home with me.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
trilla_marion
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh i didn't think she was physically abusing him, but yeah....eventually he's going to understand that his mother doesn't love him...That makes me sad too. I would probably want to scoop him up as well if I were you. Too bad he can't stay with his father all the time...