Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #11
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: Insurance VENT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisue View Post
I know nothing about Zofran, but if it comes in different doses then you could have the doc up your prescription dose then split them in half before you take them. A lot of prescriptions have different dose levels and that way your insurance company would still pay for a "months" supply, but it would actually be twice as much.

That is a great idea!!

Advertisement

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:35 AM   #12
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

My medicine cabinet is all over my kitchen right now. I just raped & pillaged praying that I had some leftover from my pregnancy but I'm sorry that I don't. Grrrr I was so sure that I did & I was gonna send it but I don't. All I have is an abundant amount of phenergan which may as well be jellybeans as far as I'm concerned

I'm sorry.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #13
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonMamma View Post
My medicine cabinet is all over my kitchen right now. I just raped & pillaged praying that I had some leftover from my pregnancy but I'm sorry that I don't. Grrrr I was so sure that I did & I was gonna send it but I don't. All I have is an abundant amount of phenergan which may as well be jellybeans as far as I'm concerned

I'm sorry.
They called in Phenegren for me.. but when I talked to my mom I found out I cannot take it.. I had some reaction to it once.. GRR.. soo.. my lonly last Zofran is here.. I only took half dose yesterdaya nd taking 1.4 dose today and tomorrow. see how it goes.. so far soo good!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #14
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi Fannies Creations View Post
They called in Phenegren for me.. but when I talked to my mom I found out I cannot take it.. I had some reaction to it once.. GRR.. soo.. my lonly last Zofran is here.. I only took half dose yesterdaya nd taking 1.4 dose today and tomorrow. see how it goes.. so far soo good!

Can you take anything else? I know that I had taken Reglan before (I know some mammas take this to increase breastmilk production but I've also heard of it for hyepermesis as well & have heard of having good results w/it).

Just trying to think of something.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #15
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I had this problem with my ins. last pg. They did eventually authorize as many as I needed, but the nurse at my ob's office had to do it, they required a prior authorization, with a dr's note and lots of info but it worked.
I still have a bunch left from January wasting away in my cabinet, is it okay to mail something like that? If it was I'd send them you're way for what they cost me($35 copay). Too bad you aren't closer to me, I definitely understand how ya feel, hyperemesis sucks!
Old 10-07-2006, 06:23 PM   #16
rds989
Registered Users
seller

Rachele,

Maybe you can talk to your ob/mw about taking benedryl. In low doses (1/4 tablet worked for me) it's often recommended by ob's.

In Canada, there's a drug that's often prescribed for pregnant mothers. It's not available here, but it's the same thing as taking unisom and vitamin b together. I don't know the dosage amounts, but many ob's recommend it, and so maybe your doc can help. My friend had good luck with it.

Hope you find something that works for you!!

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:50 PM   #17
SJwith2girls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds989 View Post

In Canada, there's a drug that's often prescribed for pregnant mothers. It's not available here, but it's the same thing as taking unisom and vitamin b together. I don't know the dosage amounts, but many ob's recommend it, and so maybe your doc can help. My friend had good luck with it.
That would be the diclectin I mentioned. It has been available in Canada for the last 33 years and is the most widely study drug in Canadian History. I'd did my research before taking it with pg #1.....

The bottle says Doxylamine Succinate/Pyridoxine HCI 10mg/10mg if that helps any.

Sarah Jane - DD 03/01 ~ DD 08/04 ~ DD 05/07
SJwith2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #18
rds989
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJwith2girls View Post
That would be the diclectin I mentioned. It has been available in Canada for the last 33 years and is the most widely study drug in Canadian History. I'd did my research before taking it with pg #1.....

The bottle says Doxylamine Succinate/Pyridoxine HCI 10mg/10mg if that helps any.
Hey- thanks! I've always wondered what the trade name of that drug is. Rachele, if you'd like me to ask my friend what her dosage was when she combined unisom and b6 to make diclectin, lemme know.

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #19
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

I looked online, and found some places that have it..*relatively* cheap.

I know it sucks to pay out of pocket when you have insurance...but if you have to, you have to.

Here is a link.
https://www.planetdrugsdirect.com/st...OVMTC=standard

You can get 100 tablets of the generic for $99

Or, you can get 10 tablets of name brand for $87

either way, it's a lot better than $50 per pill.....
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote