Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Urine test accuracy?

I know I'm not pregnant. Can't be. I have had a full blown period, with cramps, no symptoms, and if I was by now...it'd be months (four or five at the very least) along and last time I was HUGE. Ok, here's the deal. I was worried about an R&R surprise, so I took...oh about 15 home pregnancy tests. I had one doctor urine test about a month ago and then they gave me one the other day so that I could get my depo shot. Now, I am scared to death of having blood drawn. I just can't do it unless I am in the hospital and it's necessary. I've had twitches in my tummy the past few days. They kind of feel like movements, but here's the kicker....some have been ON my ribs on my side. Like all the way on the side and on the ribs, like between them and the skin. Also, after I've felt "twitches" I've had the same thing on my leg, my arm. My friend says I'm paranoid and having nervous twitches. (Me and dh are both getting "fixed" when we get home.) Ok, so here's my question...a doctor's urine test is pretty accurate, right? I mean last time...I had all the symptoms, but what really got me was that my aureoles got really dark. And this was two weeks preggo that it happened and I tested positive with a home test. I'm paranoid, right? I mean, I got my depo shot, I've been taking Paxil, and I've had a couple of nights with dd at the sitters and all of us at the Pub for a blowout. (And I do mean blowout)

Advertisement

Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Urine test accuracy?

You sound stressed A doc test should be very very accurate - more than the home pregnancy ones. Especially if you are that far along - your preggo levels are easily detectable at the 4th/5th month... That said, is it only the twitches that is making you think you may be pregnant? Have you only had one period in the last 5 months (I guess that might be a side effect of depo)... A blood test would be most definitive though - they can detect levels that are not showing up in a urine sample.
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:36 PM   #3
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope, I've had my period on time every month. In fact, I just got done with one this last week. And yeah, the twitches are the only thing. Like I said, with dd I had all kinds of crazy stuff going on. I knew I was preggos then pretty much as soon as it happened. Yeah, I think I'm stressed. I would be more worried about the twitches if I haven't felt them in my arms and legs too. Of course, when I feel them in my abdomen area, I freak out and my heart races and I hold my breath. One time, an area (way on the side, up high, almost ON my ribs) it twitched steadily for over half an hour. That doesn't seem normal either, even if I was pregnant. Sorry to ramble and stress. DH is coming home in a week and half and I'm just freakin in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisue View Post
You sound stressed A doc test should be very very accurate - more than the home pregnancy ones. Especially if you are that far along - your preggo levels are easily detectable at the 4th/5th month... That said, is it only the twitches that is making you think you may be pregnant? Have you only had one period in the last 5 months (I guess that might be a side effect of depo)... A blood test would be most definitive though - they can detect levels that are not showing up in a urine sample.

Last edited by Laniemel; 10-07-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
kangamom
Registered Users
seller

I started getting those twitches all the time after I had my first baby. They got worse after each one. I dont even notice them any more.

Last edited by kangamom; 10-08-2006 at 07:08 PM.
kangamom is offline   Reply With Quote