Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #1
CDFreak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
WWYD about a Wool situation?

I bought a wool set and when I recieved it it was obviously stained. I didn't realize it at the time but just opened the package, sent a PM to the Momma that the wool smelt wonderful and put the wool back in the package. I later took it out to show my mother the set, she then comments on various stains on the set. after she pointed them out I noticed them as well. I went and re read the post and it says that the article was in perfect condition, only used 2 or 3 times.

I Pm'd the Momma about the stains and asking for a refund since the item was not as described. I also included pictures.

The Momma has Pm'd me back saying that she does not feel responsible for the stains since she posted pictures of the set not being stained and that I commented about the set smelling wonderful.

I could understand if I had tried to wash the set, or even put it on my son, but I have been so busy with school and work that I have a pile of new diapers from DS that i have not gotten around to washing and regardless, i wouldn't even have the stuff to wash wool, I am still looking to buy wool wash.

The stains look like it is from lanolin [?] could it be possible that there was to much put on before she sent it? or that she needed to let it sit out for a certain amount of time? Could this have coased the staining? I really love the set but I bought it for my sons daycare and I would still use it but it just looks gross, I dont want to send my son in stained clothes.

What I am wondering, is there anything I could do to get some of my money back? I have purchased so many items off of DS and never has there been an issue. This is my first one.

Any advice would be helpful, even how to get the staining out if there is no wait to get a refund.

Thank you in advanced. ~ Marissa

Advertisement

CDFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD about a Wool situation?

You can always try to file with pp as item not described...I dont know. good luck
Old 10-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Munkey Ciao
Registered Users

My Mood:

If it's lanolin it ought to come out eventually.

I don't know that pp will help much... I've never found them to be very helpful regarding anything other than verifying delivery.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if ts lanolin, it will get worn/washed out eventually, and be nrmal looking, if not, i dont know what to tell you, i dont know much about pp claims, other than yeah not as described, that definitely does match that description, id guess....
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #5
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Well I'm trying to look at it from both your POV, and here's what I see.

She sold you something, which she didn't think was stained, and had pics that showed no staining.

You buy it, say thanks when you get it without even bothering to look it over, and then a week later tell her you want your money back. How is the supposed to know you're telling the truth? You could easily have stained it and then lied to her to get your money back, kwim?

It's the buyer's responsibility to look something over when they get it. by emailing her and telling her it smelled nice, you were letting her know that you got it and looked at it (assuming). If the stains were so obvious, you would have seen them before you tossed it aside, and if not, it's kind of your own fault for not doing so.

Also, if you haven't tried to wash it, how do you know they're stains? they might come right out when you wash it.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry mama but I have to agree if you looked at the item then kinda sent an email of "approval" it would be hard for a seller to justify giving a refund. If it is lanolin stains I've heard of using a wool wash bar to rub on them and wash it real well, then relanolize before use
Old 10-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings View Post

She sold you something, which she didn't think was stained, and had pics that showed no staining.

You buy it, say thanks when you get it without even bothering to look it over, and then a week later tell her you want your money back. How is the supposed to know you're telling the truth? You could easily have stained it and then lied to her to get your money back, kwim?

It's the buyer's responsibility to look something over when they get it. by emailing her and telling her it smelled nice, you were letting her know that you got it and looked at it (assuming). If the stains were so obvious, you would have seen them before you tossed it aside, and if not, it's kind of your own fault for not doing so.

Also, if you haven't tried to wash it, how do you know they're stains? they might come right out when you wash it.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings View Post

Agreed!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #9
CDFreak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok lesson learned. Hopefully it washes out.
CDFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #10
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFreak View Post
Ok lesson learned. Hopefully it washes out.
let us know k?