Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
patty_o_furniture
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
May Weight Watchers!

Want to get in on the WW journey?

Here is how to calculate how many points you should be eating

Are you?
Female (2)
Male (8)
A nursing mom (12)

Age?
17-26 (4)
27-37 (3)
38-47 (2)
48-58 (1)
Over 58 (0)

What do you weigh?
(Enter the first 2 digits of your weight in here... for example if you weigh 175 enter 17...) (If less than 100 pounds enter first digit of you weight... for example if you weigh 98 enter 9)

How tall are you?
Under 5'1" (0)
5'1" to 5'10" (1)
over 5'10" (2)

How do you spend MOST of your day?
Sitting Down (0)
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing (2)
Walking most of the time (4)

TOTAL the points up and that is your daily allowance.

You also have 35 weekly points that you can use whatever way that you want to.

Some of the losers here use the WENDIE PLAN where you eat ALL your weekly points. Feel free to try that too!

There are lots of net places to find out the point cost of food, just google it!
We also like www.3fatchicks.com and some use www.fitday.com to find the points cost of homemade food!

CONGRATS on starting your journey! Let us know your progress!

Advertisement

Last edited by patty_o_furniture; 05-21-2008 at 10:50 AM.
patty_o_furniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Re: May Weight Watchers!

Great! Here is my weigh-in from May 6! DD is 5 months today and these last couple pounds must go!!

Starting weight (preg): 218
Last week: 169
This week: 168
Current loss: 1
Total loss: 50!!!!!
Goal #1: 166.5
Pounds to go: 1.5
Goal #2: 145-150
Pounds to go: 18-23

Of course I had to weigh in about a zillion times for it to register any loss, but I'm counting it!!!!! It's a morale thing!

We finally got a stroller for 5 month DD (had been wearing her.. but that was getting uncomfortable for long walks) so I hope to be getting some fresh air and exercising more regularly now!
edens_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

That's awesome!!

I'm looking at a bad week, come Saturday. AF showed up, plus there is major drama in DH's family right now. Having to plan an intervention SUCKS.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
KindaCrunchyMama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Maybe some of you WW mama's can help me. I have been on WW now since Oct. and have lost 30lbs. I am nursing (for 9 months now) but the weight has stopped coming off. I have been the same with very little loss, like -.2 or gain of .2 It's very fustrating...I am still tracking, eating the same stuff, etc. But it's been almost 3 months with no loss or anything. I still have 10lbs to go till goal. I have no idea what else to try or do. My leader tells me different things but no luck yet. Advice?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Maybe some of you WW mama's can help me. I have been on WW now since Oct. and have lost 30lbs. I am nursing (for 9 months now) but the weight has stopped coming off. I have been the same with very little loss, like -.2 or gain of .2 It's very fustrating...I am still tracking, eating the same stuff, etc. But it's been almost 3 months with no loss or anything. I still have 10lbs to go till goal. I have no idea what else to try or do. My leader tells me different things but no luck yet. Advice?
First of all, congrats on the 30 lbs!!! Those last few pounds can be SOOO frustrating, so hang in there!!

My first thought is to tell you to take a look at the Wendie Plan (link above, in the first thread post). A lot of mamas here have had a lot of luck with it.. the basic gist is that you keep your body guessing--eat a lot one day, a little the next, medium the next, etc. The mama who came up with it had a story sounding very similar to yours--she lost a bunch of weight and then just STOPPED, no matter how carefully she watched what she ate.

So maybe your body has just gotten used to you eating the same old things.. mine did for about a month. Then I started getting frustrated and overeating, and eating different things (I'm not on WW), and finally got back to my eating routine and now I'm losing again. Maybe you just need some change.

Another thing I've heard is that bfing mommas tend to hold onto those last 5 or 10 pounds until they wean.. especially if you are close to your ideal weight. The idea is that your body needs some fat stores to continue lactating? IDK

for other responses! I'm all for losing this weight a little faster!
edens_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
mrsallen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I 2nd Wendie, and also, if you really are eating the same things since October, you might try shaking up your protein/fat/carbs ratios..... it can push your body to let go of a bit more.... as PP said, the body is designed to hang on to 5-10 pounds, so it may melt off once your LO weans (Not! a reason to wean! enjoy the curves and the baby and get skinny again after, your babe is little for such a small % of your life it's not worth it to wean just to have your jeans back!)
& 1 DD Hayden (4)
mrsallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #7
Bunny
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaCrunchyMama View Post
You and me, both mama. Is your LO still nursing as much as in October? Definitely mix up what you are eating. Give Wendie or Core a chance, too. Have you added any physical activity to your day? Anything you can do to mix up your routine can stimulate weight loss.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
Susan0736
Registered Users

My Mood:

The other thing to remember with WW and breastfeeding is that it gives you the same amount of points whether you are exclusively breastfeeding (which requires more calories) or if you are doing breastfeeding and solids. I know for me I put on weight on weigh****chers at about 10 months when my daughter was getting more from solids that the breast. I finally realized that I really didn't need those extra breastfeeding points.
Susan0736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
krickison
Registered Users
seller

hi, I am new to WW and would love to join the thread!! I have a question for you about activity points. Do you count stuff like housework? They give you points for it but I kinda feel petty counting them, but at the same time it is nice to know I have room for extras without using up my weekly points. I am trying to use a few of the weekly points as I can since I am BFing and get extra already, and I figure since I am new if I miss count something than I havent had too much, KWIM? So do you count everyday things as activity points or just exersize?
Old 05-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #10
Bunny
seller

That depends. Are you counting your daily activity level at 2pts or 0pts (from the chart in the OP)?

If you are counting it as 2, no AP points for housework. If not, then go ahead & count them.

The extra BFing points aren't for you. They are for your LO. The weekly points are there for you to use. Don't be afraid to use them- many mamas are having lots of success w/ the Wendie plan.