Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #21
catanded
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any one want to start running with me?

Just wanted to pop in and say: YOU GUYS CAN DO IT! I've always been athletic but never been a "runner", though I could go out and do a couple miles here and there without too much trouble. Back in January my DH (who is a runner) and I were talking about running. In a totally joking way he said "You couldn't do a half marathon." Guess what? I did one this past Sunday!!!!! I held a 9:15 pace and finished the race in 2:01:19. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences I've ever had....such a rush! And my DH was by my side the whole way. (poor guy....not much of a challenge for him but I couldn't have done it without him!) Sometimes we would alternate our training runs and sometimes we would run them together. We have 3 kids so DH usually pushed the double jogger with the girls in it while DS either rode his bike along with us or stayed with a neighbor while we ran. It was awesome having his total support throughout the program. And now I am soooo ready to find another race to do!

Stick with it and you ladies will see and feel the benefits of your hard work!
If you want a good training program check out the SmartCoach on Runners World.

Advertisement

catanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #22
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catanded View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say: YOU GUYS CAN DO IT! I've always been athletic but never been a "runner", though I could go out and do a couple miles here and there without too much trouble. Back in January my DH (who is a runner) and I were talking about running. In a totally joking way he said "You couldn't do a half marathon." Guess what? I did one this past Sunday!!!!! I held a 9:15 pace and finished the race in 2:01:19. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences I've ever had....such a rush! And my DH was by my side the whole way. (poor guy....not much of a challenge for him but I couldn't have done it without him!) Sometimes we would alternate our training runs and sometimes we would run them together. We have 3 kids so DH usually pushed the double jogger with the girls in it while DS either rode his bike along with us or stayed with a neighbor while we ran. It was awesome having his total support throughout the program. And now I am soooo ready to find another race to do!

Stick with it and you ladies will see and feel the benefits of your hard work!
If you want a good training program check out the SmartCoach on Runners World.
WOW!! Way to go mama!!! That is a great pace for 13.1miles!!!

I am so glad I found this thread. DH gets sick of hearing about my running! I have been running since the end of Feb. I have done a couple of 5K races, and I am doing my first 10K Sat. I have only ran a 10K 2x in the past couple of weeks. Before that I had never ran that far. I amazed myself. I am hoping to do my first half marathon in Aug., then I would like to do my first full marathon next April in OKC.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #23
kakemery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Way to go mamas! I am running a little over 3 mi. at a time now. I am still keeping too fast of a pace, so I am really working on slowing it down. I have to have someone with me to pace me, otherwise I am doing 8min/mi and wearing myself out too quickly. If I can get myself into a 9:30-10min/mi, I can hold that pace a lot further.
I am doing a 1/2 in Sept. and then starting fulls next year too. My dh is doing a 50mi. ultra next year, but the thought of that really makes me sick
I use the training log on Runners World, as well as the smart coach. They have a ton of awesome resources.