Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Meri
Registered Users

Support for the super saggy, super huge, boobies!

I need help finding a decent bra to support my breasts. I used to like the Goddess bras. But in the four years between my older daughter and my new baby the quality of their bra manufacturing has declined or something, because they just don't support my girls! The bra I have now I is a 44G, but it's not quite large enough in the cup. Any bra I buy works for about 6 or 7 wears, but then it starts to slide up my back--making my boobs show their sagginess--not to mention the back fat roll thing that is so unbecoming! And, this is not some kind of 'oh my goodness, my boobs are so saggy.. wah wah wah' kind of situation. This is a case of super baggy, saggy, pendulous breasts that need as much support as they can get.

I would like a bra that lifts and separates, one that will actually stay in place. One with a cup that unhooks at the top, and will actually cover my breasts again with a one hand maneuver when nursing in public. I am currently strugging with a bra that leaves my loose skin hanging out of either side of the movable cup and the strap--if that makes any sense.

HELP! What kind of bra do you use?

Advertisement

Meri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Support for the super saggy, super huge, boobies!

wow, i could have written that post, even down to the same size bra that i think the cups are too small, lol. i'll be watching this post

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
jennylou
Registered Users

Anita, a German company, makes fantastic bras. They have great nursing bras, as well as just fuller figure bras.

I will caution you that bras, particularly those that are for the larger breasted woman, will not last 6-7 years and provide the same support. I have a pretty large selection of bras (I'm lucky that my mil owns a bra store) and I can tell instantly when I put a bra on if it's a newer one or an older one (even if they both look good).
Old 04-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
Meri
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylou View Post
Anita, a German company, makes fantastic bras. They have great nursing bras, as well as just fuller figure bras.

I will caution you that bras, particularly those that are for the larger breasted woman, will not last 6-7 years and provide the same support. I have a pretty large selection of bras (I'm lucky that my mil owns a bra store) and I can tell instantly when I put a bra on if it's a newer one or an older one (even if they both look good).
I really meant 6-7 WEARS... If I could get 4 bras to last 4 months with regular changing and hand washing--I would be happy! I went to a bra store and she gave me a bra--and told me it was right. But, I think she gave me the biggest one she could find and then just told me it fit. Because they're not fitting at all!

Where might I find these bras about which you speak?
Meri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
tammilf
Registered Users
seller

I would second the thought that maybe you do need a larger cup (Gasp!) and maybe a smaller band size...to help with the riding up.
I have decided that the soft cup bras do nothing for me....so I am in search of huge underwires. I like the Medela I just bought. There is a store here that stocks them, so I was able to try it on.
I have heard that you should buy it to fit on the largest setting on the hook in the back as the fabric will stretch, then you can tighten it.

And if you find a solution for back-fat rolls...let me know! I started using my MeiTie and that just makes it even uglier. Ugh!
tammilf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
beautifulbrain
Registered Users
seller

If your band is riding up, then your band size is too large. If anything is coming out of the sides, then your cup size is too small. Try adjusting the size that way to see if it helps.

The best bra I've ever found is the Le Mystere. They are crazy expensive but they work and last forever. So comfy and d/n ride or dig. I just did a quick google and they do make a maternity/nursing bra too. You can find them at most major dept. stores or online at www.figleaves.com and www.freshpair.com.

Last edited by beautifulbrain; 05-08-2008 at 11:04 AM.
beautifulbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
radmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm curious if such a bra exists, too! Plus, I hope it doesn't cost a ton!!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love love love the Anita bras too. They are the only bra I can find that give my saggy 34H boobs a nice lift. I get mine from Breakoutbras.com

My fav is this one http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/seminuunbyan.html
ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #9
byumommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nak

medela seamless underwire & anita underwire are awesome for my 38G/Hs

I agree w/ the others, you need a smaller band size

HTH!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i know you said no to the goddess bras but i just got one of these..
here (same bra, different seller).

OMG this bra is soo comfy and actually makes my K's fit under a normal size shirt.

I have tried the fancee free brand. good at lifting and seperating but they have this super itchy inner support band.