Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
ddewan
Registered Users
seller

Potty Strike??

DS is 23 months and has been really consistent about using the potty since he was 19 months. I thought he was done with diapers and training pants so we moved to underwear. Now for the last month he has been having at least 2 accidents a day and the last week he has pooped in his pants!! AHHH. He was pretty horrified, so I don't think he will do it again. Is he having a potty strike, or is he just too busy playing to want to use the potty? What should I do to get him to tell me he needs to go? At what point do you stop just taking your LO to the potty and let them take the lead with pottying?

Advertisement

ddewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
hershyyyy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty Strike??

Really two accidents a day isn't that bad at all. I would certainly not go back to diapers. Just talk about how he just needs to stop playing for a little while to go pee or better yet bring the potty right to where he is playing so he doesn't have to stop at all. He is still little and will have some accidents along the way

He's going to need to have accidents to realize how long he can (or can't) wait before going potty.

Hth

Rebecca
hershyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote