Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
jason&jilliansmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
? about 16 month old POOP

I am babysitting this little guy who's sixteen months old. He poops sooooo much! I have him for eight hours a day and he generally goes between 2-5 times. And they are big poops, and very very soft, sometimes blowing up the back or down his legs. Is this normal? I have an 18 month old dd and her poops are solid and roll right into the toilet. She goes once a day or once every other day. This little boy is on the small side (19lb at 1 yr appt) and does not eat or drink a ton while he's here.

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? about 16 month old POOP

Well as I'm sure you've heard a zillion times all babies are different. I know my little tot went through spells of constant pooping especially as she got her first molers (sp?) I wouldn't worry too much as long as it's not dihereah. That's my I'm not sure if that was helpful or not though.

**I"m surprised he doesn't have bad diaper rash from the irritation. DD allways gets a diaper rash when she poops a lot.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
jason&jilliansmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh he does have a rash. He uses prescription bum cream. And it goes between being diarhea (really watery) to being more like peanut butter consistency.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IMO I still think he's prob. fine. DD would always have more runny poop when she drank a lot. Good luck mama and keep the butt paste on...I'm sure that makes him more comfortable.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #5
mama2logan&evan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 15 month old poops anywhere from 2 to 5 times a day as well (so does my 2 1/2 year old) and they're pretty much always peanut butter consistency. I've never worried about it.