View Poll Results: How long before your child, 5 or older, would WANT a shower or bath?
Girl: daily 12 17.91%
Girl: 2-3 days 13 19.40%
Girl: 4-7 days 10 14.93%
Girl: week to a month 4 5.97%
Girl: month or more 1 1.49%
Boy: daily 9 13.43%
Boy: 2-3 days 9 13.43%
Boy: 4-7 days 7 10.45%
Boy: week to a month 15 22.39%
Boy: more than a month 7 10.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #11
Kristiraine
Registered Users

Re: If you have a child 5 and over, how long would they go without a shower/bath?

I have to MAKE my 6yo DS take a bath, at least every 3 days...My 4yo DD MUST have a bath every other day if not every day. DS will usually ask after about 4 days. lol

Advertisement

Kristiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #12
Kestlyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you have a child 5 and over, how long would they go without a shower/bath?

you didn't have an hourly option My son would live in the bath if he could! Not to get clean, mind you, just to play!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #13
tranmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I put a week to a month for my 11-year-old boy, but it never comes to that! He just FINALLY started remembering his shower every night, as part of his nighttime routine. But I know he doesn't do it because he wants to. If I were to let him stay home by himself for a week, I know it would be at least a week before he started thinking, "Dude...I need to take a shower."
Old 05-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #14
mommyfrog
Registered Users

LOL. I love this one!!! My almost 14 year old dd takes a shower every day or every other day. My 12 year old and 9 year old ds' would go for over two weeks if they weren't forced to take a shower. I know because over winter break, I tested it. My dh said there was no way they would go the whole break without showering and I said they would. Guess what? They did. Of course, we made them shower before they went back to school, so who knows how long they would go without showering. My 8 year old dd takes a shower every 2-3 days on her own. My 5 year old ds takes a shower at least two times a week before school and a bath one or two times a week.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #15
clothmamaof4
Banned
seller

My Mood:

My 5 yo daughter~She begs for more than one bath per day I have to limit her

My 7 yo son~On spring break I let him go without just to see since he didn't have school and he was swimming everyday anyway so he wasn't really that dirty, 6 days before he asked for a shower.

Last edited by clothmamaof4; 05-09-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
clothmamaof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #16
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

I have to say this thread has made me feel so much better and you mamas are awesome!! I was feeling so guilty and such a wretched mother because my DS [1 1/2 years old] gets a bath about 2-3 times a week.
I was thinking that all other parents did it daily and religiously!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #17
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

16yo stepdd won't go a day w/out
15yo stpeds- i clocked him at 2 months before i couldn't stand the smell of his rotting flesh, and made him shower. I was hoping the kids at school would would influence him, because everytime i tell him to do something, he cops a giant attitude at me. It was so gross!
12yo ds1- i don't know, because after the thing w/ stepds, i won't allow him to go more than a couple days
8yo ds2- every other day he gets himself in the shower, which usually initiates ds 1 and 3 to file through w/out being told.
7yo ds3- goes in w/out being told after the others start the process.
If they are particularly grungy, i will initiates shower times, i won't have my kids going to bed dirty. In the winter, they can go a few more days just because they're outside less, not sweating, and they tend to get chapped skin if they shower too much.
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #18
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I have to say this thread has made me feel so much better and you mamas are awesome!! I was feeling so guilty and such a wretched mother because my DS [1 1/2 years old] gets a bath about 2-3 times a week.
I was thinking that all other parents did it daily and religiously!
I used to give daily baths w/ my younger lo's, and required the older stepkids to bathe daily, but ds3 would be so dry and cracked that i stopped having the youngers bathe daily.
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #19
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollypeters View Post
I used to give daily baths w/ my younger lo's, and required the older stepkids to bathe daily, but ds3 would be so dry and cracked that i stopped having the youngers bathe daily.
See my son is developing sensitive skin and I can tell he dries out faster if he gets wet more often! He's got a few dry patches gong on right now where he's been swimming more since it's quite hot already!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote