Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2008, 05:25 AM   #1
Amber1500802
Registered Users

Question Weaning a 15 month old

Hello, my son is 15 months old. He has a milk sensitivity and has had a diaper rash from it for 3 months now. He doesn't have ant dairy in his diet except what is passing through my breastmilk. The rash is not near as bad as it was when he was still eating dairy! Anyhow, for 3 months I have been trying to give up dairy, but it seems EVERYTHING has dairy in it. At this point I think it is time to wean, and be done with all the butt cream! I have been back and forth with the idea of weaning, but I think that is what is right for us now. So, the problem with weaning......he nurses on demand during the day, and then whenever he wants at night, which is about all night! The whole drop a feeding thing will not work as everyday is different. One day he may not nurse all day and the next it he may nurse every hour! I don't know where to start!!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Advertisement

Amber1500802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weaning a 15 month old

wow that is hard! i definatly think if you distract him when he wants to nurse this may help. other than that I have no other advice! poor you and him!
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
KatieJD334
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weaning a 15 month old

As he gets closer to weaning, his nursing will slow down. To me it doesn't sound like he's ready to wean. My DS also has a dairy sensitivity, and I have found it much easier to know what's going into my breastmilk if I prepare my foods from scratch, rather than making processed and already prepared foods that contain a lot of dairy bi-products. Could he have an allergy to something else in your diet? Soy, nuts, dairy, and chocolate are pretty common allergens. I don't recommend stopping cold turkey to anyone. When a baby's nursing slows down it is easier to drop out feedings and initiate weaning.