Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
4BabyUnit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A Little Help For A Pumping Mom?

Okay, so let me start by saying Pleeease...no benefits of breastmilk preaching or criticisms here please. Daughter has had nothing but breastmilk (and now some solids) for 8+ months, and I plan to continue for at least a year, so I'm not throwing in the towel here or anything, BUT...I'm having trouble pumping enough for dd. I work full time and pump twice while I'm at work and leave on my lunch break to go nurse her. I set my alarm for 2:00 a.m. almost every night to pump again. I have tried pumping other times (after I nurse in the morning and before she goes to bed for the night), but there is nothing to pump. I have also always continued to pump well after the milk stops flowing. I KNOW I need to drink more water, and I am going to try Fenugreek, but are there any WOHM's out there who have suggestions for me? Also, DD has slept through the night since she was about 2 mo., so I'm not about to wake her up to nurse her every 2 or 3 hours. She has good healthy sleep habits, and I don't want to confuse her if that makes sense. She has milk 5-6 times a day from 6:30 a.m. until about 8:00 p.m. Also, if I'm up late, I will pump before I go to bed and then again at 2:00 a.m. Sorry to ramble, and thank you to anyone taking the time to read this and reply with positive feedback and helpful suggestions.