Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
shell015
Banned
seller

Can I sell my WAHM stuff that my son has used in the fitteds and AIO section

My son has outgrown many of the dipes that I made him. I wanted to put them up on the FSOT boards under Fitteds or AIO's but can I do this since I made them? I didn't want to list in WAHM since they are used. WWYD?

Advertisement

shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I sell my WAHM stuff that my son has used in the fitteds and AIO section

If they're used it's fine to list them under FSOT
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I sell my WAHM stuff that my son has used in the fitteds and AIO section

Actually, kind of EasterBun. There is more to it.

If you made something for your dc and it was used you can sell it on the fsot.

If you made something for your dc and it was too big, too small, too girly, whatever, but you never used it and it's NEW you CAN sell it on the fsot.

If you made something just to sell to make a couple bucks or a lot of money it HAS to be sold in the WAHM Wears section (need approval to be in that group to sell your handmade items - just in case ppl who are new to this don't know that).

You MUST state in your post "I made this for my dc and it didn't work for him but it's still new so I'm selling it" or "I made this for my dc, he wore it and it's used and we're no longer using it".

If you don't state that then a mod will see your "xxx Made by me new" and will pull it off the board as anything that says "made by me new" implies you are a wahm selling your handmade items in the wrong place. The mod will pm you to. Most of the time we pm before pulling it but there are lots of situations where it is very clear (ie: has photo albums with fabrics etc and prices etc, metions "customs" etc).

If we see that you seem to be selling the same items over and over "made for my dc but didn't work" it's going to be quite obvious that they are new wahm made for profit and we'll ask that you join the wahm group so you can sell your items there. We always pm you though to make sure one way or the other if this is the situation.

HTH and as always, if you EVER ? what you should or shouldn't be doing check the FAQ's or pm me for help. I'm happy to help and I get back to everyone right away.

DS's FAQ's for the FSOT need to be updated but for now the best thing is to do a search to see if anyone else has asked this or pm me. You're not bothering me! LOL I'd rather reply to a pm then have to investigate a thread, pm the person, go back and forth etc and then have to move the thread, kwim?

HTH!

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #4
shell015
Banned
seller

It does help. Thanks so much. I have been avoiding selling his dipes for so long cause I didn't want to get in trouble.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

You're good! Just lmk if you need anything!

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote