Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #21
ArtHistoryChick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone exclusively pumping?

I was an Ep'er. My goal was one year but I dried up around 9 months into it and had to put her on formula I kept trying to pump and taking anything that would help but nothing was. I really hope it goes much better for you. I know some mamas can pump for years.

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #22
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveSpirit View Post
Just wondering if any other mama's out there are exclusively pumping for their baby...

I am right now due to a tongue tie that was clipped, but his tongue still can't stretch out enough to latch on well.

I just thought we could support each other here

My guy is on 100% breastmilk and I am slowly freezing a stash I am getting between 6-9oz per pumping session. It is definately time consuming and challenging as I also have a 3 y/o at home, but totally worth it to make sure this babe gets his milk from me.
What's your pumping goal? We're aiming for a year right now, so 2.5 more months.
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #23
IHaveSpirit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy0306 View Post
What's your pumping goal? We're aiming for a year right now, so 2.5 more months.
Well honestly my goal is to try and get him on the breast full time, right now it is 0% of the time. My pumping goal is to pump for him as long as I possibly can. I have a freezer stash building up each day and fortunately my supply is generous.
IHaveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #24
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

YEA for all of you!!!

My ds has had (and still does have) such feeding issues (tongue tied, poor latch, shallow suck, etc. etc. etc.), that some days I WANT to pump, just so I don't have to endure the pain that his issues create, but in the end I am thankful that I am still able to nurse him at the breast.

I applaud all of you for your hard work and dedication. You are doing the best for your baby and some day he/she will thank you for it.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #25
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveSpirit View Post
Well honestly my goal is to try and get him on the breast full time, right now it is 0% of the time. My pumping goal is to pump for him as long as I possibly can. I have a freezer stash building up each day and fortunately my supply is generous.
that's awesome I feel lucky that I can pump and keep up with DD for the most part. I didn't find out until after I started that some woman just cannot produce enough with a pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmommy View Post
YEA for all of you!!!

My ds has had (and still does have) such feeding issues (tongue tied, poor latch, shallow suck, etc. etc. etc.), that some days I WANT to pump, just so I don't have to endure the pain that his issues create, but in the end I am thankful that I am still able to nurse him at the breast.

I applaud all of you for your hard work and dedication. You are doing the best for your baby and some day he/she will thank you for it.
this is what happened with my DS
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #26
kendall's mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I bf for the first two months until I went back to work and then ep for the next five months. I missed not bf so I went back to it in the a.m and at night but have found that my supply keeps dwindling more and more. I think it is because I just couldn't pump as often or for as long as needed. I am down to pumping once a day now and only getting 3-5 oz. I have had to start supplementing her at day care (2 oz. in two bottles). My goal was to make it to a year. I have about 2 1/2 months to go. I will keep pumping as long as there is something there to pump.
kendall's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote