Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Nursing While Pregnant? All advise welcome!!!

Hi Ladies, Well I exclusively breastfed my baby until about 6 mths. when I began introducing solids. He's now 8 mths. and I'm three months pregnant. My milk supply has dwendled to a point that I really only get one good feeding in the morning in anymore. I offer it throughout the day but he doesn't get much at all. He's eating at least two big meals a day and I've been giving him one 6 oz. bottle in the afternoon if he's really hungry and I have nothing to offer. I also have been giving him a bottle before bedtime but he hasn't wanted that or the breast before bed for the past week. Anyway, I'm asking if any of you have ever experienced being pregnant and nursing and at what point will I have milk again? I plan to nurse both of them after the baby arrives but until then I just wish I had more milk to offer him. Thanks, Keri.

Keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Nursing While Pregnant? All advise welcome!!!

Contact Le Lache League in your area and be sure that you are eating and drinking enough for 3! I had the same issue excpt dd was 2. She basically weaned when my milk got that low, but just before ds was born I suddenly had milk again (she started right back up). I never planned on nursing 2 lo's at the same time, but I did it. Dd finally weaned a little before her 3rd birthday. Good luck!
dmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Registered Users

My situation was very different because my first was 18 months when my milk supply dropped dramatically due to pregnancy.. but as for my milk coming back.. it didn't. I had NO milk from about 12 weeks til 2 days after the baby came.. sorry, thats probably not what you want to hear.. it is different for eveyrone though..
Mommy to Mollie March 13, 2006 & Jamie May 8, 2008 and baby Annie! Sept. 17, 2010!
etsdtm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I got pregnant when my DS was 13 months old. We were still nursing 6-8 times a day, and he was eating some solids. Within the next 1-2 months, he literally started sleeping through the night and nursing much less. I'm 31 weeks now and do not think I have any milk. He nurses before bed, but that's it. It hurts, not like nipple soreness, but just plain pain. I can't deal with it more than once a day. I hope he'll still be "into it" when #2 comes in July. I would definately reach out to your local LLL, especially because your first babe is under 12 months and still relies on that nurishment.
Good luck!
Michelle momma to Finnegan 10/06 Samuel 7/08
Missing my 2/10 and welcoming Henry 2/11
FinnegansMom is offline   Reply With Quote