Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I need a time out!

So poo on the floor is all good fun when it's solid....
Today not so much. I feel like a big jerk 'cause I was just going to put her on the potty and thought she was playing nice I'd give her a few more min. She poo'd sitting in it on a white blanket but mostly the floor and she tried to run from it getting it stuck in her toes
It was squishy and NOT an easy clean. I told her I wasn't mad at her but we need to go potty in the potty and I put her there. Then I said mommy's taking a break and you're wearing diapers today. Then in order to adequetly clean the floor I put her in her room with some more living room toys and baby gated the door. She was none to pleased. She shut her door and played...I cleaned the carpet and changed my clothes.
It's just been a rough weekend of peeing on the floor and now a squished poo to top it off.
*SIGH* I'm not a bad mom am I? I just need a break!

Christy mommy to Alexia 12/27/06 AndLillian 7/10/09
Angel3167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: I need a time out!

You are not a bad mom! I've had my moments with DS peeing all over the floor. Its ok to take a time out, I did for awhile. And then DS decided he was ready to start again. He is 23 mos and is pretty much pottying on his own. He still has his moments of lack of interest, on those days we wear training pants instead of underwear. Its better to take a break then get angry with your LO, that only makes them refuse the potty even more.
ddewan is offline   Reply With Quote