Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #21
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bottlefeeding mamas

DS is 6 months and partial breastfed partially bottlefed due to low supply. He doesn't hold his own bottle. We cuddle and everything while he has his bottle just the same as we do when he's nursing.

Advertisement

KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #22
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

I held my girls for as long as possible, which was hard with three of them. They learnt early on how to hold their old bottles. Now if I try to hold someone they will actually fight and cry until I put them down. They love to cuddle but not while eating.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:16 AM   #23
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3g_1b View Post
I held my girls for as long as possible, which was hard with three of them. They learnt early on how to hold their old bottles. Now if I try to hold someone they will actually fight and cry until I put them down. They love to cuddle but not while eating.
Exactly! she is on me like flies on poop the rest of the time but when she eats. she wants nothing to do with me. I am by her while she is eating. I talk to her and make sure she knows I am there but if I try to cuddle or pick her up she gets very crabby.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #24
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingos77 View Post
I would love that. the only time i can get her to eat by me is at night before she goes to bed. we lay down in my bed while she eats and then after she s done we hang a little wihle until she falls asleep and then she goes into her pack n play that is by my side of the bed...That is another thing she does not want to do... ssleep in our bed. she will only go to sleep if she is on ehr own. if she is in our bed. she will play and crawl and sit up and mess around the whole time. i was hoping she would sleep with me like my boys did..until they were 3-4 yrs old but I am not sure if that is going to happen. little booger!
I dont bottlefeed (except for the occasional bottle of warm water with some gripe water in it) but IMO your daughter is just a diferent independant personality, and shes telling you what she wants. Its not like you are forcing her to eat alone and bottle propping from newborn onwards. whatever works for your dd is best

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 AM   #25
ltelly00
Registered Users

DD is 19 months and I'd say it's only in the last month that we really haven't been cuddling her for her (night) bottle. We just lie down together in bed and let her put herself to sleep with it. Othewise, yes she was always cuddled/held.
ltelly00 is offline   Reply With Quote