Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If I were you, wwyd?

Ok- at 3 weeks of life we got mastitis, then thrush. I have done ketoconazole for 2 weeks, diflucan for 2 weeks (still have 2 left)...GV, coconut oil, candida diet, Grapefruit seed extract, etc, etc...you name it, I've done it. I never wear a bra, don't use nursing pads, have tried numerous creams...

The ketoconazole got rid of it, but unfortunately I didn't get rid of it in DS so we got it back. This time I'm on diflucan as is he because I didn't feel comfortable doing ketoconazole again since it can cause toxicity in babies.

DS is 10 weeks old, grows great, doing great...however...I have had maybe 2 pain free nursing days in his life. I still have a persistent crack and pain moreso on the left than right. I saw the LC AGAIN today (I see her every week) and asked her about it again. She said it still looks like yeast to her. WHAT?! What the heck? I feel lost as to what to do next. How can it be yeast after everything I do? I'm so lost. I don't know whether just to wean him or what?

Where would you go from here?

Advertisement

athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If I were you, wwyd?

I feel for you mama! I am a major thrush girl myself. I had it with dd1 for about 6 months straight. We finally got rid of it around 3 months when we both did diflucan, and then I caught Bronchitis, had to go on antibiotics, and BAM...thrush again. It is miserable. Me and dd2 caught it as well when she was just a week old. I went straight for diflucan and did nystatin and GV with dd. Thankfully that seemed to have gotten rid of it, because I don't know how much longer I could've handled that pain. When it did hurt, it helped a lot to use a breast shield--just gave my nipples enough of a break to keep going without crying.

I hope it gets better soon. I'm so sorry you are having such a painful time!

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
Megalina
Registered Users
seller

I'm so, so sorry that you're going through this! I'm sure that someone here will have a good suggestion. I just want to say how impressed I am that you've gone through so much and are working so hard to provide your baby with breastmilk. You're doing a great job. I hope this all works out for you and you're out of pain soon.
Megalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #4
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalina View Post
I'm so, so sorry that you're going through this! I'm sure that someone here will have a good suggestion. I just want to say how impressed I am that you've gone through so much and are working so hard to provide your baby with breastmilk. You're doing a great job. I hope this all works out for you and you're out of pain soon.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

& prayers for you mama
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote