Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #51
CassidysMommy
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: "You need to wean! It is time!" -Vent

DH had better get some courage and defend the FAMILY's (not just YOUR) choice to keep nursing your lo.
I am starting to get up the courage to wean dd (shes 5 months)...but that is because she has had 2 teeth since 3 months, and is working on #'s 3 & 4 as we speak...and is a biter......not to mention she is a HUGE food baby, and wants to eat everything we eat already anyways.....it is so sad for me!
Before I had her, I swore I'd never bf, now.....I never want to stop

Advertisement

CassidysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #52
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you, mama. Here's a good link to read - and to send them - it calls naysayers small minded and misinformed. That's what they are.

http://www.parenting.com/article/Bab...-the-Criticism
Old 05-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #53
blue_eyed_peas
Registered Users
Formerly: mom23punkins

My Mood:

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this! I think some people who are mean to breastfeeding mamas are just jealous. They didn't do it and they want to make you feel bad for doing the best thing for your baby. You are doing great. Don't let 'em get you down. I hope someday that wherever you go you see mamas breastfeeding their babies and it's the mainstream thing to do instead of formula. Everyone needs to lose the old thinking and get back to what god intended them to be for in the first place! There isn't anything wrong with it and i wish people would quit thinking we are freaks for feeding our babies!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #54
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

to everyone who's gotten comments. My mom gives them to me, too. Like when I call her, she asks me if Lydia's getting "whole milk" yet. No, b/c I just make skim milk in my boobs. (Never mind that toddler milk actually has MORE fat than whole cows' milk.) I want to nurse her at least until she's 2. I used to have an upper limit, but I'm not sure I do anymore.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #55
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

my mother is that way every time i've seen her since dd was born she reminds me that i am not going to be one of those mothers still breastfeeding when the baby can ask for it. well i've decided to bf until 1 at least if not longer. although she has gotten a tooth and even with one tooth seams to think she can bite everything that comes in contact with it! so it has been extremely hard to keep going this past couple of weeks
Old 05-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #56
millerbaby07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are a nicer women than i am... because i would tell them were to go.. but you do need to stand up for yourself its her son that gave your baby the food allergies. But i'm a sassy breastfeeder so just put my son in a goofy onesie with a saying on it so my mil doesnt say anything beacuse you read the shirt and my ideas about breastfeeding are loud and clear.
I'm a a cloth diapern' breastfeeding, baby wearing waterbirthing mama to Jacob (12/29/07), Emma 12/2/09 & New baby Girl due mid July & loving wife to my navy vet. Johnathan (3/24/07) IHA: Core Values NB NIP ISO: Melon Splash OS
millerbaby07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #57
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
to everyone who's gotten comments. My mom gives them to me, too. Like when I call her, she asks me if Lydia's getting "whole milk" yet. No, b/c I just make skim milk in my boobs. (Never mind that toddler milk actually has MORE fat than whole cows' milk.) I want to nurse her at least until she's 2. I used to have an upper limit, but I'm not sure I do anymore.
Yeah, because of course the milk intended for another species (cows) is more appropriate than human milk for humans!! I've never understood that one, and people (even some peds) bring that up all the time "she really should be on cow's milk" - huh?? So that 1000lb bovine cud-chewer makes better milk for my human baby than I do?!?!? Nuts.

To the OP: you are very tolerant to have put up w/ this for so long! I would just say "The parenting choices I make for my child are NOT up for discussion with you. DH & I will make the decisions for our child. I will not discuss this again." I am sooooo lucky that I have NEVER had anyone make these kinds of comments to me (I bf'ed ds1 for 18mos and dd until she was 2.5). Keep it up - you're doing the best you can for your child!
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote