Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #11
kimpo76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Switching to a midwife for a vbac....I think I'm going to be able to do it!

Wow, that does sound like a dream situation! So lucky! And to have a mother so supportive too, that's really great. Good luck to you!

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #12
sweety13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mama, just so you are aware, I just vba2c recently in a hospital and yes I did have to be constantly monitored, fetal scalpel & intrauterine both, BUT i was able to walk about 10 feet, unhook from the machines to go pee, use the birthing ball, diff positions etc...It took longer than it probably would have if I had real freedom , but I did it Good luck to you, you CAN do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #13
ambered
Registered Users

My Mood:

I did! I ended up with a HBA2C and so worth it! One thing though... no doc can BAN a vbac. Thay cannot cut without consent, nor can they force any "hospital policy" (position, heplock, iv, etc) on you. They can scare and coerce you, sure. They can't drop care though without giving you 30 days notice (had that happen to me, too). Even the midwives at my hospital were goingto "require" (read: be pushy about) some of these things, hence the reason I ended up with a homebirth. No mama should have to fight like that in labor. Best of luck!!!
ambered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #14
one_lucky_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I switched to a midwife when I was around 22 weeks. I loved my OB, but didn't like the idea of getting 1 of the 9 or so that is in her office if I went into labor during non office hours. I was so happy that I did. You sound so excited mama, and I would be too, I really hope it all works out for you and you get to have the birth of you dreams.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, i just got off the phone w/ the midwife - it's a go!!!! She reviewed my records and agreed they could take me on - we scheduled an appt. just to talk to make sure *I* liked *them* - seriously - no dr ever cared whether they were right for me. She was more than happy to have my dd come to the appt, and it just sounds so great! We're going to discuss our options and see who in the practice will be a good fit - apparently the ob's are pretty progressive about vbac's, too, so if I like them, I can use them, or choose to def. go with a midwife - seems pretty open to what *I* would like to do. AND, they're not insisting I become their patient straightaway and have a bunch of tests and such right away.

My mom's at work, or I'd call her and tell her she'll have dinner guests that evening - she's going to be SO stoked. Oh, and they have an office that's only an hour from my work, so the drives for appointments won't be too terrible.

I hope I'm not getting over excited about this, but after all we've been through over the past year with trying to find good care, this is like a dream come true. Even if it's only half as good as it sounds, it's still light years better than what I have now.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #16
SaraG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so excited for you that I have goosebumps!!! I switched from an ob to midwives very late in my last pregnancy and it was the best decision I ever made! I have 2 previous c/sections and although my third ended up a repeat c/s - she was 26 weeks and my law had to be delivered in a hospital...staff was way pushy, scare tactics...everyone was against me blah blah blah, but having my midwives there supporting me, made so much difference!!! They even said that they'd support and take me on for a VBA3C if I so choose!!!

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and think you made an awesome decision!! Good luck to you!